FSC works to take care of our forests and those who rely on them: by protecting plant and animal species, Indigenous Peoples’ rights, forest workers’ safety, and much more. We achieve this through FSC certification, ensuring forests around the world are responsibly managed. For more information on FSC, visit our website at www.fsc.org.
To effectively meet the challenge of protecting the world’s forests, we are committed to ensuring we have the world’s most skilled people working with us. This commitment extends to everyone that works in FSC around the world: from those that lead the design of policies and standards, to those that roll out those same policies and standards on the ground, and to those that provide us with backbone to do our work.
We are looking for an engaged Global Advocacy & Engagement Officer/Manager, who brings solid expertise and a passion for FSC’s mission, to work with us in a multinational environment.
To support FSC’s work on global advocacy and engagement, including content development, communications and outreach.
Main Roles and Responsibilities
- Be part of a team that develops new solutions and relationships delivering on FSC’s mission.
- To contribute to the development of global advocacy documents and materials such as research and position papers, reports, information notes, news items and presentations.
- To support FSC’s engagement efforts through communications and outreach, including controversial issues and crises situations with stakeholders.
- To assist FSC’s work to engage with relevant intergovernmental organizations (IGOs) and key players, including internal coordination and prioritization for global advocacy activities and the organization of events.
- To track, analyze are report about external trends, sustainability-related policy processes and outputs from relevant international political fora.
- To coordinate the design and implementation of assigned projects and activities related to engagement and global advocacy.
- To interact with stakeholders in developing materials and to guide externals in developing such materials (Manager position only).
- To represent FSC at relevant international meetings and for a (Manager position only).
Qualification, Experience and Skills
Education and Training:
- University degree in a relevant field (e.g., International Relations, Political Science, Public Relations, Communications, International Business, Sustainability, Social Sciences or similar).
Working Experience, Style and Skills:
- At least 2-3 years of professional experience in a Public Relations/Management consulting firm or a research-oriented organization.
- You have a good understanding of the global sustainability agenda. Knowledge of forest and natural resource governance would be an advantage.
- You have superb communication skills – specially writing skills.
- You have experience with academic research. Proven record of published research is an asset.
- You have critical thinking skills and ability to synthesize complex ideas, analyze information from several sources and reflect on data and information.
- Service and solution-oriented attitude to work.
- Proactiveness and high level of engagement.
- Good time management skills: Ability to perform well while handling simultaneously several administrative and support functions.
- Fluency in English (spoken and written).
- Fluency in Spanish and German (spoken and written) is a plus.
Computer Skills – strong skills in the use of/experience with:
- You have excellent command on MS Office especially MS Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to explain complex topics to a non-professional audience.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive interpersonal relations.
Terms and Conditions
- Location: Bonn, Germany.
- Working Hours: Full-time (40 hours per week).
- Starting Date: As soon as possible.
- Duration of Employment: 2 years.
What we offer
- Remote work (“home office”).
- Flexible working hours.
- Childcare allowance.
- Public transports costs (“Job ticket”).
- Language course allowance.
- Highly international working environment.
How to apply
- Please apply via our website by submitting your CV in English
- Please do not send any photos of yourself.
- The deadline for applications is 14th January 2021 at 10,00am (CET).