The Program Director is the programmatic, administrative, fiscal, and operations leader for the Client Advocacy Program (CAP). The Program Director supervises, directs and guides program staff and interns on outreach and intake activities, client service provision and administrative eligibility for the program, training and troubleshooting on benefits applications and provides holistic, intensive services to individuals experiencing homelessness and living with disabilities in order to obtain disability benefits and supportive housing. The Program Director provides sets the tone for the provision of services and the department consistent with the mission and goals of the Coalition for the Homeless.
· create and maintain a regular schedule for client and staff presentations and recruitment activities in shelters, drop in centers and through street outreach contacts;
· maintain a program caseload sufficient to meet contractual goals liaising with Crisis Intervention and shelter staff in order to do so;
· provide supervision to the following positions: Bi-lingual CAP Case Manager and Housing Advocate;
· provide direct services to clients with significant mental health needs and ensure the same services are offered to all CAP clients. Services include, but are not limited to: intensive case management, development and completion of SSI/SSDI and supportive housing applications, assistance with public assistance applications, assistance with and knowledge of respite, IMT and ACT applications, advocacy with the Department of Homeless Services;
· develop and maintain working knowledge of linkages, including maintaining a close working relationship with our contracted psychiatric providers at the Janian Medical Group, and contact with health care and social services systems/agencies to ensure client access to appropriate medical care;
· ensure accurate and proper documentation of client services and reporting requirements in our client database (ETO) and using other tools as necessary for all CAP clients including, maintenance of notes, documenting of services, contacts, contracts with clients and follow-up activities delivered by CAP staff;
· develop the program budget in collaboration with the Senior Director of Crisis Services, Deputy Director of Programs and Finance, and review and approve program expenditures consistent with the budget;
· partner with the Senior Director to ensure timely and complete reporting as required;
· participate in the development and drafting of funding proposals and renewal agreements;
collaborate in the development, review, oversight, revision, and modification of program services, as well as the forms and tools used by the program;
obtain regular supervision with the Senior Director of Crisis Services to review program operations, client concerns, staffing, as well as seek budget and program management guidance, among other matters;
· perform all other duties as may be assigned by the Deputy Executive Director for Programs or designee.
· MSW or MA/MS strongly preferred.
· Case management experience required.
· Prior supervisory experience preferred.
· Experience serving homeless individuals, people living with disabling conditions, and experience with public benefits/entitlements preferred.
· Spanish proficiency a plus.
The Program Director is the programmatic, administrative, fiscal, and operations leader for the Client Advocacy Program (CAP). The Program Director supervises, directs and guides program staff and interns on outreach and intake activities…
Submit resume and cover letter to Human Resources on or before June 30, 2021. Resumes submitted without cover letters will not be considered. Include the job title in subject line of email.
Attn: Program Director, Client Advocacy Program
No telephone inquiries, please.
People with disabilities, people of color, and formerly homeless individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Submit resume and cover letter to Human Resources on or before June 30, 2021. Resumes submitted without cover letters will not be considered. Include the job title in subject line of…