SCO Family of Services has provided vital human services throughout New York City and Long Island for more than 100 years. SCO helps vulnerable New Yorkers build a strong foundation for the future. We get young children off to a good start, launch youth into adulthood, stabilize and strengthen families and unlock potential for children and adults with special needs.
SCO Family of Services welcomes you to join our family and help us work together to carry out our mission to build a stronger tomorrow.
Center for Family Life seeks a flexible, creative, motivated team member to join our staff of professional artists, social workers , teachers, and young adult youth workers in a community based after-school program.
- Collaborate with a team of professional artists, social workers and youth workers to create an original production that engages 100+ middle and high school students in arts and production skill development
- Assist with dance, music and theater rehearsals for high school participants
- Provide expertise and production assistance with costumes, scenery, lighting and/or sound
- Please send resume to Julie Stein Brockway at email@example.com
- SCO Family of Services is an equal employment opportunity employer
- BA degree, with performing arts and production experience in dance, theater and/or music
- Technical theater and production experience in costumes, scenery, lighting, and/or sound
- Experience in working with middle and/or high school youth
- Must enjoy working in groups, collaborating with others, and being part of a community
- Bilingual in English-Spanish or English-Chinese, a plus
- Drivers’ License, a plus
RELATIONSHIP WITH OTHERS
- In addition, employees need to possess the following characteristics:
- Be a team player.
- Have sensitivity to cultural differences present among staff and participants within our organization.
- Possess a strong belief in people’s ability to grow and change; forge a mutually respectful partnership with persons served and their families.
- Have the ability to set limits and maintain helping role of practitioner and to intervene appropriately.
Please email resume and cover letter to Julie Stein Brockway at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Minimum Education Required