Details: $17.00 - $20.00 per hour
Work Week: 40 Hours (works occasional evenings and weekends)
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports to: Director of Education Programs
Organizational Overview: Founded in 1976, the Domestic Violence Center provides comprehensive services for victims of abuse and their children and provides public education and promotes systems change.
Job Summary: This position requires a detail-oriented, multi-tasking individual who enjoys math and data trends. This person would be very closely testing and analyzing data to create statistics, goals and information about the story of “survivors of domestic violence”. This person must work well in a team environment, with transparent communication and people skills. We are looking for an enthusiastic team-player who wishes for the organization and the team to succeed together. Computer technical skills are a must.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain strict confidentiality of all client, staff, and board personnel and financial information; keep donor information confidential as required by non-profit standards.
- Maintain and create reports using the organizations’ Efforts to Outcomes (ETO) database and create additional databases to assure organization data is captured.
- Analyze to dive deep and analyze data for trends.
- Turn data into information, information into insight and insight into business decisions.
- Analysis and design, develop analysis and reporting capabilities, and continuously monitor performance and quality control plans to identify improvements.
- Generate easy to understand graphic reports that could be used as marketing and fund raising tools. Present information in an impactful and actionable way.
- Maintain and ensure date quality by providing timely feedback and data entry training to end users.
- Provide additional support to employees when needed.
- Solve software interface issues or communicate with the vendor(s) when further assistance is needed.
- Develop and implement data collection systems and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and data quality.
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems.
- Perform data quality checks and monitoring reports of ETO program and other reports for statistical trends or deficiencies.
- Filter and “clean” data, and review computer reports, printouts and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems.
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities.
- Research data statistics and trends to report for employees, board of directors, and community.
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports.
- Identify, analyze and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets.
- Analyze data to develop info graphics, statistics and visually pleasing reports and social media postings.
- Provide assistance and effective communication for data entry cleanup and ETO end user issues.
- Provide visually pleasing, easy to understand, organized reports and technical documents of data and other requested information.
- Help maintain visually interesting website with robust information organized in an aesthetically pleasing way.
- Offer new ideas for reporting, website, social media postings and other mainstream media.
User Support and Training:
- Assist with technical assistance during group training sessions, presentations and webinars for users.
- Assist users over the phone, via email, via web conference or in person with any questions or database issues/errors in a timely and documented manner.
- Complete projects as requested by the Director of Education Programs or CEO.
- Initiate and organize projects while maintaining flexibility in assigned duties.
- Assist with answering hotline and/or office lines.
- Participate in all agency-wide events: 45 hour advocate training, October Awareness, Volunteer Recognition, Various Celebrations, Fairs, etc.
- Attend staff meetings, management team meetings and other required meetings.
- Assist with accomplishing agency-wide annual goals and objectives.
- Assist with agency’s public education events.
- Represent DVCCC professionally at engagements, fairs, etc.
- Prepares a monthly progress and challenge report for supervisor.
- Assist with accomplishing agency-wide annual goals and objectives.
- Assist with keeping facility clean and neat.
- Able to establish effective working relationships with staff, volunteers and internal and external colleagues.
- Any and all duties assigned by Director of Education Programs and CEO.
- Energetic, self-motivated with strong problem solving skills and demonstrable people service skills.
- Knowledge and use of computer based systems; demonstrated proficiency in network database systems; preferably a computer science background with data processing and information engineering skills.
- High level of communication skills; able to project positive image, and have employees not familiar with the computer technology see the advantage of new technology for their respective agency.
- Excellent oral and written skills, with leadership and teaching capability, while maintaining professional presentation.
- Ability to self-manage workload and best use of time in a quick-paced environment.
- Recommend new ideas and direction to improve the quality of the ETO database.
- Pays close attention to detail, covering all aspects of an assignment with minimal supervision.
Physical Requirements: Much of the work performed is sedentary in nature yet may require the employee to exert themselves with minimal force and/or be able lift or move light objects associated with the job responsibilities.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours as needed to meet program needs and grantor accountability.
- Adhere to all agency policies and procedures (attendance, work hours, paperwork, etc.)
- Childcare, criminal and FBI clearances as required by the state and DVCCC.
- Must have transportation to travel to DVCCC’s outreach offices when needed and to travel by car to meetings and trainings.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Programs and donor databases.
Visual Acuity: The incumbent is required to have close visual activity to perform an activity such as writing, viewing a computer terminal and read.
Environment and Conditions
The incumbent’s typical place of work is an office environment and thus will not be substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
The information provided in this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this job. It is not designed to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and working conditions required of employees assigned to this job. Management has the sole discretion to add or modify duties of the job and to designate other functions as essential at any time. This job description is not an employment agreement or contract.
- 2-Year or 4-year degree required, computer skills required
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in computer related/network administration, to include knowledge of computer remote communications.
- Education and/or demonstrated experience with graphic design or visual communication.
- Education and/or demonstrated experience in a customer service and/or troubleshooting role.
- Experience and Knowledge of statistics, report mapping, database queries, report writing and presenting findings.
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques.
- Strong motivation to accomplish goals, with an ability to work independently and also as a team member.
Dental and Health Insurance
Minimum Education Required