Details: Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Intervine is a social enterprise that includes a paid transitional training program that prepares participants for careers in horticulture, green infrastructure, and solar panel installation. By providing paid work alongside job search support and career building training, the program allows people to gain experience and earn income while seeking a permanent job. The program includes hands on training, soft skills development, and industry recognized certifications.
The HOPE Program will be hiring an Intervine Superintendent who will be responsible for the day to day management of Intervine’s paid transitional training and revenue generating activities. The Superintendent will oversee delivery of hands on instruction at our facility and ensure smooth operation of the program, communicate with senior staff to align the program and reporting, as well as supervise Intervine employees. The Superintendent will also coordinate our revenue generating fee for service contracts, including developing proposals and organizing logistics to fulfill contracts. The Superintendent reports to the Bronx Program Director.
● Lead implementation of tree stewardship, plant installation and maintenance, and construction and care of green roofs and other stormwater management projects
● Supervise employees during off-site on the job training activities and delivery of revenue generating services
● Facilitate classroom and hands on instruction
● Contribute to development and refinement of training program materials
● Manage workshop facility, maintain tools and supplies
● Oversee operation, organization and maintenance of work vans
● Work with Employment team to engage Intervine employees in permanent job search and to engage employees that need supportive services
● Perform site visits to gather information about potential contracts
● In conjunction with Program Manager, develop estimates of labor and material costs for bidding new contracts
● Order materials and schedule labor to fulfill contracts
● Track employee daily performance using rating matrix and update employee records in Salesforce
● Other duties as assigned
Background and Skills:
● 5+ years horticultural experience, preferably with knowledge of basic construction tools and techniques
● Experience with project management, including budgeting, scheduling, and reporting
● Excellent presentation and facilitation skills
● Valid driver's license
● Familiarity with GSuite apps
● Ability to work with and motivate adults of diverse backgrounds and abilities
● Very detail-oriented, well-organized and able to work on multiple activities simultaneously.
HOPE provides a full package of benefits including: healthcare and dental insurance; retirement plan; competitive vacation (plus 1/2 day Fridays during summer which is equal to 7.5 additional vacation days); personal and bonus days; and 12 paid holidays.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Email cover letter, indicating what position you are applying for, where you saw listing, and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes unaccompanied by a cover letter will not be reviewed. No telephone calls, please.