205 S. Broadway, Suite 808
The Pro Bono Manager position is under the supervision of the Co-Executive Director and will be part time (estimate 20 hours per week). The Pro Bono Manager is responsible for recruiting, managing and supervising pro bono attorneys from the private sector with respect to their representation of Learning Rights’ clients. Signature pro bono projects include IEP assistance for special needs students and special education due process settlement monitoring. The Pro Bono Manager will be lead on pro bono projects and represent Learning Rights at regional and statewide pro bono meetings and coordinate any statewide pro bono efforts. The Pro Bono Manager will also assist the Development Manager to identify and highlight excellent pro bono work to feature in Learning Right’s reports, newsletters, and volunteer events.
- Law Degree/Juris Doctorate (JD);
- Minimum of three years of legal experience working at a public interest law group or comparable organization;
- Highly professional, comfortable working with private law firms and lawyers;
- Excellent written and oral communications skills;
- Keen organizational and analytical skills;
- Excellent time management;
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously while meeting strict deadlines;
- Demonstrated commitment to social justice issues;
- Knowledge of education rights, especially special education law.
- Strong skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Develop and maintain relationships with private law firms and in-house corporate counsel to recruit and retain pro bonos;
- Ensure that new pro bono matters are properly placed, screened for conflicts of interest, staffed with appropriate teams, and that client representation commences;
- Provide to pro bonos the necessary resources, trouble-shooting, and on-going support to successfully advocate on behalf of Learning Rights’ clients;
- Draft pro bono manuals, materials, and resources as necessary to effectuate pro bono efforts and scale initiatives;
- Attend local, regional and statewide pro bono meetings on behalf of the organization;
- Assist in the preparation and analysis of data regarding pro bono efforts and outcomes;
- Coordinate with the Development Manager and Co-Executive Director to feature our pro bono lawyers on the Learning Rights website, social media, and public facing collateral;
- Work with the Development Manager to execute our volunteer appreciation events (Raising the Bar for Education, A Cause for Celebration awards, and Progress In Education P.I.E. event);
- Coordinate orientation program for summer pro bono law clerks
Salary Range/Benefits: Salary depends on qualifications and experience. Includes full health and dental benefits, paid federal and state holidays, plus paid vacation and sick leave, and commuter benefits.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Learning Rights Law Center is an equal opportunity employer. People with disabilities, women, people of color and other minorities are strongly encouraged to apply. For more information on Learning Rights, please visit our website at www.learningrights.org.
To apply, send cover letter, resume, and references to email@example.com. Put Pro Bono Manager in the subject line.