Dr. Susan Love Research Foundation (the Foundation) is dedicated to achieving a future without breast cancer by engaging the public and the scientific communities in innovative research. We do this through performing and facilitating innovative and collaborative research, translating science to engage the public as informed partners, and inspiring novel research. Dr. Susan Love Research Foundation is an accredited 501(c) (3) public charity.
Dr. Susan Love Research Foundation is seeking a highly-organized, detail oriented, and experienced Controller. Reporting to the CEO, the Controller will execute the Foundation’s accounting, financial transactions and reporting functions in accordance with GAAP. The Controller’s area of responsibility includes maintenance of general ledger, financial reporting, projections, budgets, grant accounting, accounts receivable/payables as well as some HR duties including payroll.
· Progressive accounting experience, including as a Controller preferred
· Ability to analyze and interpret complex data
· Skilled in exercising initiative, judgement, problem solving and decision making
· Knowledge of fiscal management and personnel management techniques
· Ability to prepare financial reports and present to Board of Directors at quarterly meetings
· Collaborate with leadership team to make efficient and effective foundation-wide operation possible
· Skilled in preparing annual Foundation budget as well as project budgets and projections
· Ability to calculate cash needs and manage Foundation assets including cash
· Ability to work and interact with the Foundation’s independent auditors in connection with annual audit and Form 990 preparation
· Grant administration
· Research, plan and implement software and systems needs
· Strong organizational, written and verbal communications skills required
· Provide financial and operational support to the Research, Development and Communications teams
· BA/BS in Accounting or Finance
· Minimum of 7-10 years of accounting, non-profit accounting and operational management experience preferred
Ability to work independently
Position is exempt, full-time with competitive benefits package.
Please send resume to email@example.com
Minimum Education Required