The National Active and Retired Federal Employees Association (NARFE) is dedicated to protecting and enhancing the earned pay, retirement and health care benefits of federal employees, retirees and their survivors. NARFE’s mission is both critical and timely as Congress and the administration consider unprecedented cuts to federal pay and benefits.
We are currently seeking a very highly detail oriented Account Manager to serve as an active member of the Business Development and Events team, contributing to the development and implementation of a comprehensive sales strategy and plan, with the goal of increasing non-dues revenues. Additionally, the Account Manager will:
• Actively cultivate long-term relationships with industry contacts via a customer-centric approach that includes face-to-face meetings, phone calls, and e-mails.
• Develop and Implement a marketing plan to current and prospective sponsors/advertisers to increase sales and meet revenue goals.
• Sell sponsorships, exhibit space, advertising in printed and electronic publications, and other opportunities.
• Track all sales activity via database, including coding prospects, keeping contacts up to date, entering contract details in Company record and sales revenue.
• Engage with the creative team to develop and print any digital communications that support sales activity such as: sales presentations, sponsorship book and media kit.
• Assist in generating reports, trends, statistics and analysis re: marketing campaigns and activities.
• Support sales efforts by keeping an eye on industry trends and best practices and applying that knowledge.
Applicants should have a bachelor’s degree and at least five to seven years of experience within a sales role with an association. Applicants should also possess:
· The proven ability to be a self-starter, who is not afraid to roll up their sleeves and pursue objectives with passion and intensity. Constantly looks for things to do. Self-confident and proactive.
· Proven track record of previous sales experience with successful results.
· Exceptional people skills. You will need to make a strong first impression, and then maintain active engagement with new and existing leads by being creative in your follow up efforts.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to adapt style and content; meets demands of the situation and audience.
· Relationship builder. Has the ability to balance the need to shape outcomes in the short term while maintaining successful long-term relationships.
· Ability to perform job related duties during weekend and evening hours as needed and travel occasionally.
Our office is conveniently located near Braddock Road metro station in Old Town Alexandria. We provide our employees with a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, life, 401(k), transit/parking, flexible spending accounts, 10 paid holidays, 15 days of vacation and 10 days of sick leave.
Come join NARFE and help us protect the earned rights and benefits of our federal employees. Please apply with the required documents, a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements. NARFE is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.
The National Active and Retired Federal Employees Association (NARFE) is dedicated to protecting and enhancing the earned pay, retirement and health care benefits of federal employees, retirees and their survivors. NARFE’s mission is both…