Details: Salary DOE.
2700 International Boulevard
The Program Director takes a leadership role for all BOTR direct services – which includes Brothers, UNITE!, Lift a Brother Up, & Trail Brothers – and supervision of the Program Manager. Consequently, it will be expected for the Program Director to provide leadership on curriculum/program planning, design, development and evaluation. In addition, the Program Director will partner with other management staff to support the agency's systems change work – which includes assistance in the coordination and implementation of OYAA and the agency’s training/capacity building efforts. This may also include the co-coordination and co-implementation of training workshops, curriculum development, coaching, consulting, convening, research and writing, as needed.
The core competencies for this position are: experience delivering gender-responsive, culturally affirming, therapeutically delivered and youth development grounded services with boys and young men of color (BYMOC), and project coordination/management experience with youth work. Experience with training and technical assistance.
· Provide oversight for direct services and supervision to the Program Manager
· Develop marketing materials and perform outreach to secure clients for direct services, and for training and technical assistance projects
· Secure and manage contracts with partner schools and agencies
· Write, edit and help design curriculum lessons and manuals
· Develop new partnerships and manage existing ones, including for field trips, speaker events, and wrap around services.
· Assist in development of systems, policies and procedures to be used within direct services and training/technical assistance work
· Assist in developing systems change initiatives, including program planning, design implementation and evaluation
· Co-Coordinate and co-deliver training workshops to outside organizations around BYMOC and related issues
· Develop curricula for use within and outside of BOTR
· Provide coaching and consultation to partner organizations
· Host convening’s around BYMOC and related issues
· Engage in research and writing around BYMOC and related issues
· Evaluation and Quality Assurance, including through surveys, observations, staff coaching
· Fundraising, including assistance with individual donor campaigns, event coordination
· Administrative tasks in the office, including data entry, filing, mailings, etc.
Staff Management and Human Resources
· Hire and manage staff and implement performance evaluation
· Contribute to development and implementation of human resources policies and procedures
· Help to develop and implement BOTR professional development plan
· Other tasks within these areas and others, as assigned
· Extensive computer use
· Typical office environment
· Offsite facilitation and supervision
· Ability to lift 25 lbs.
· Bachelor's degree in human service or related field
· A reliable car, car insurance and a clean driving record (the position requires an ease of movement between the home office, program/partner sites, important meetings, etc.)
· At least 3-5 years of experience working with youth and families, with at least part of this experience working directly with boys and young men of color
· At least 3-5 years of experience working in training and technical assistance with adult service providers, and their schools/agencies, with at least part of this experience related to serving boys and young men of color
· At least 3 years experience in project coordination, program development, and staff management
· Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication, organization, cross-cultural & conflict resolution skills
· Passing a live scan criminal background check and submitting a negative TB test from within the last two years
· Computer skills in Microsoft Office (other software a plus)
· Experience developing curricula for direct services and/or training/technical assistance
· Experience with administrative functions such as finance and fundraising a plus
· Master's degree in related field a plus
Generous benefits including; health coverage, chiropractic, dental, vision, 401(k) match.
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual Spanish ability a plus
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
An application for this position requires a cover letter, resume, and 3 professional references (please include one current/former supervisor and list the references name, title, organization, their e-mail and phone number) sent to Executive Director, Daniel Vasquez at email@example.com. Only applicants who submit all requested forms will be considered. Persons of color are encouraged to apply. No phone calls, please.