4800 Broadway Avenue
Immediate AmeriCorps Member Openings!
NEO Skill Corps has 15 AmeriCorps volunteer (Member) positions available. Full-time Members receive a $14,133 living allowance for a minimum of 1,700 hours and Part-time Members receive a $7,479 living allowance for a minimum of 900 hours completed during a twelve- month service commitment. Upon successful completion of service, Members receive an education award from the National Service Trust in the following amounts: Full- time members receive $5,815; Part time members receive $2,907.50.
Members will be responsible to provide financial literacy curriculum to program participants. Some members will provide adult education and/or workforce preparation curriculum. Responsibilities will include the following:
- Assess clients' financial literacy knowledge
- Instruct financial literacy curriculum
- Coach clients on limited financial matters
- Arrange and host guest speakers from financial institutions
- Collect and enter data; track clients' progress
- Assess clients' level of competency (reading, math, English language)
- Place client in appropriate class/subject based on assessment score and workforce goal
- Instruct adult education and workplace services classes
- Provide contextualized learning materials
- Conduct pre and post-test/report progress of clients
- Track client workforce goals and achievements
Accepted Members will receive training in preparation for service at their host sites designed to assist Members in performing the activities aligned with NEO Skill Corps and the assigned host site.
Members are required to participate in AmeriCorps training and events requested by the Ohio Community Service Council, Corporation for National and Community Service, and NEO Skill Corps Manager.
- A minimum two years college from an accredited institution, Bachelor’s Degree preferred;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software, especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Experience teaching
- Public speaking
- Experience working with adults with diverse backgrounds preferred.
Interested applicants should submit their resumes to Sandra Buckner, Program Manager, at email@example.com. Please call Sandra at 216-456-0914 if you have any questions.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required