1101 K Street, NW
The District of Columbia Bar has an opening for a Sr. Member Services Assistant (SMSA). The SMSA ensures that all inquiries are handled in a timely, professional and tactful manner. This position responds to membership calls, provides customer service to visitors and receives mail for the Membership department. This position reports to the Manager, Membership.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Serves as the first point of contact for the Membership department.
2. Maintains the established member experience standards, including quick and accurate member inquiry resolution. Minimizes missed calls and ensures a high level of member satisfaction.
3. Enters member data accurately and quickly into the Association Management System (AMS).
4. Researches and identifies duplicate member records to be merged and/or purged.
5. Opens, sorts and distributes mail.
6. Responds to requests for Bar cards and membership dues invoices.
7. Updates member records to reflect current contact information and proactively identifies data gaps and errors.
- Conducts outreach when member materials are returned.
- Assists visitors with membership issues and other customer inquiries.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Assists with preparing correspondence received by the department for scanning and indexing into OnBase.
2. Performs other duties as assigned.
Associates degree with a minimum of two years of relevant work experience or a combination of education and relevant work experience equal to four or more years. BA/BS preferred.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office; membership database experience highly preferred.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong telephone etiquette.
Must be able to multi-task, be deadline driven, detail oriented and able to work in a fast- paced environment.
Must be able to work well in a team environment and able to interact with Bar members, staff, volunteers and the public.
Ability to handle and maintain the confidentiality of highly sensitive information.
Salary is commensurate with experience. This is a non-exempt position. The D.C. Bar has an excellent benefits package.
This is not an attempt to list all essential functions of this position. It is recognized that job duties may change over time based on the Bar’s needs.
The District of Columbia Bar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The DC Bar has an excellent benefits package
Minimum Education Required