5680 King Center Dr.
PRIMARY AREAS OF WORK:
Under general supervision and a high degree of independence, the Area Membership Manager is accountable for measurable increases in membership growth for girls and adults in the assigned geographical area within the Council jurisdiction. The Manager ensures that Membership staff meet recruitment and retention goals for both girls and adults. The Manager takes the lead role in volunteer management, conflict resolution and community outreach for all Membership staff under her/his supervision. The Manager regularly reports progress on assignments and projects to the Director of Membership.
Accountable for development and implementation of operational plans to successfully meet the Council’s goals in the following responsibility areas:
Staff Management, Meeting Membership Goals
Recruits, hires, trains, supervises, and evaluates Membership staff responsible for the measurable growth of girl recruitment and retention. Ensures that Council goals for membership and retention are met or exceeded through annual in-depth analysis of each Membership assignment, creative marketing and retention strategies, and a full understanding of the communities served.
Community Outreach and Engagement
Carries out demographic analyses of communities within the area and utilizes analytical skills to interpret data to develop and implement marketing strategies, which will ensure inclusion of under-represented groups and increased membership.
Engages with community partners and participates in community activities to enhance the visibility of Girl Scouting to ensure community’s support and collaboration with the Girl Scout council.
Peer Relations and Execution
Together with five other Area Membership Managers works closely with the Director of Membership to develop and implement innovative strategies that increase recruitment and retention of girls and adults. In collaboration and coordination with other Area Membership Managers, effectively initiates solutions that will benefit the entire Membership staff to create efficiencies in the execution of new opportunities, techniques and approaches that will measurably increase and retain membership.
Works with other departments on the development of retention programs for girls. Supports and implements grant funded programs. Ensures Membership staff support other Council activities, including SHARE (annual giving campaign), cookie sales, and other Council-wide initiatives.
Motivating Volunteer Base
Builds relationships with Association leadership and Service Unit Managers in the assigned area in order to problem-solve and take appropriate action to ensure the development of effective strategies to improve service delivery and understanding of Membership goals. Manager will serve as the primary contact for Association leadership in area of responsibility. Manager will also provide guidance to Service Unit teams in the selection and training of administrative volunteers.
Our benefit package is generous, including:
- 3 health insurance options (The Council pays the full monthly premium for individual coverage in the HMO or HMO/HSA and contributes $91.53 per pay period to the HSA for employees on that plan.)
- Dental and vision plan
- 100% employer-paid life and AD&D insurance
- 100% employer-paid long-term disability insurance
- Voluntary employee-paid short-term disability insurance
- Immediate, 100% vested, employer contribution of 3% to 403(b) plan
- 403(b) match of 2% available after 12 months of employment (3 year vesting)
- A generous paid vacation policy (0-3 years = 18 days; >3 years = 24 days)
- 10 paid holidays, annually – including 1 floating holiday
- 12 paid sick days, annually
- 10 paid New Child Leave days for qualifying staff
- Flexible spending plans for certain medical and dependent care expenses
- Employee assistance program
- Metro SmartBenefits® (pretax transportation program)
- Garage parking at our main office, conveniently paid through pretax payroll deduction
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply through our job board which can be found in the link above.