Details: Pay is $20/hour, 3 hours/ day, during days in which Friends Western School is in session.
Job Description: The After School Childcare Supervisor runs the day to day child care portion of the After School Care program.
- To supervise the children at all times, ensuring their well being and safety.
- To recognise needs of children at different stages of development.
- To treat all children with dignity and respect.
- To check the program’s equipment and make sure it is adequate before the program starts. Equipment should be varied enough to offer a stimulating program.
- To prepare and feed a snack to the children in the 3 o’clock hour.
- To assist Friends Western School and Wisdom Arts Laboratory in the planning, implementing and evaluation of the after school program.
- To work with the after school coordinators and teachers to ensure a fluid and pleasant program and environment.
- To work with after school coordinators to find a suitable substitute when ill or otherwise unable to fulfill daily duties.
- To make sure children leave the location clean and tidy each day.
- To ensure all children are signed in and are signed out by an authorised parent or otherwise specified person.
There are no benefits associated with this position.
Level of Language Proficiency
English required. Other languages are a bonus.
Minimum Education Required