101 Callan Ave., Ste. 400
The Association of Asian Pacific Community Health Organizations (AAPCHO) is a national association of community health organizations serving Asian American (AA), Native Hawaiian and Pacific Islander (NHPI) populations across the United States and its territories. AAPCHO’s mission is to promote advocacy, collaboration and leadership that improve the health status and access of AAs and NHPIs within the United States, its territories and freely associated states, primarily through our member community health clinics. Our vision is to establish a standard of excellence for community-based health care that is equitable, affordable, accessible, and culturally and linguistically appropriate to the people we serve.
A seasoned writer and creative storyteller, the Communications and Engagement Specialist will be responsible for developing, implementing and evaluating strategic communications to advance AAPCHO’s mission and key priorities. Reporting to the Director of Development and Public Affairs, and working closely with senior leadership across the organization, the Communications and Engagement Specialist will coordinate external communications to engage AAPCHO's stakeholders.
An integral member of the Development and Public Affairs Team, the Communications and Engagement Specialist will contribute toward the goal of creating targeted content in support of the organization’s strategic plan. This position is responsible for creating and delivering impact-driven communications through AAPCHO’s distribution channels, and developing strategic partnerships to broaden the organization’s reach. With emphasis on data analytics, the Communications and Engagement Specialist will leverage best-practices in digital tracking to understand stakeholder behaviors, and create compelling and targeted storytelling and digital communications campaigns to drive engagement. This position is based in AAPCHO’s California office, with some flexibility to work remotely.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Storytelling & Content Strategy
- Develop and coordinate engaging content for external communications, including but not limited to email, web, social media, press kits, stakeholder education materials, publications, etc.
- Produce multimedia stories and interactive assets (videos, infographics, blog posts, toolkits, presentations, etc.) that engage and activate the organization’s stakeholders, including member health centers, policymakers and other target audiences.
- Support cultivation of key media contacts by maintaining media database and tracking media placements.
- Work with Director of Development and Public Affairs to ensure that content across departments is aligned and consistent throughout the organization.
- Assist in driving organizational external communications strategy by keeping abreast of issues related to the organization’s mission, programs and initiatives.
Digital Communications & Marketing
- Collaborate across teams to actively and creatively contribute to the development and execution of AAPCHO’s external communications that advance the organization’s development, policy, programmatic and research priorities, including working with the Director of Development and Public Affairs to develop and maintain marketing collateral to support organizational sustainability goals.
- Support implementation and management of communication, design and contacts database tools (Salsa Labs, Adobe Creative Cloud, CRM, etc.). Coordinate website redesign and subsequent website updates; cross train staff to update respective website sections.
- Track, evaluate and report effectiveness and reach of external communications, including conversions and ROI; test solutions for better performance based on data.
- Manage relationships with external vendors such as web developers, graphic designers and other communications contractors and consultants.
- Some design and multimedia production work as needed. Other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or minimum of two years of relevant professional work experience in communications, marketing, journalism, media studies, or other related field.
- Excellent communication skills, with ability to convey complex topics in a clear and compelling manner.
- Experience creating content for targeted and diverse audiences, with editorial mindset to seek how best to engage stakeholders to drive them to action.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of current trends in digital tools, including but not limited to social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Medium, etc.), online publishing and analytics tools (WordPress, Google Analytics, Hootsuite, etc.), contacts database management systems (Salesforce or other CRM platforms, Salsa Labs, etc.), and cloud-based or other remote team software (Google Drive, etc.).
- Demonstrated success in working both independently and as part of a team, with commitment to collaboration and innovation. Creative and solutions-focused project manager, with a collaborative approach and a sense of humor.
- Proven track record in fast paced environments and meeting tight deadlines, with high attention to quality and detail.
- Commitment to and ability to support the mission and goals of AAPCHO.
- Basic design (Adobe Creative Cloud) and video/audio editing skills, or willingness and ability to quickly learn.
- Experience with basic HTML/CSS, or willingness and ability to quickly learn.
- Experience working with AA and NHPI communities, ideally in community-based setting. Experience collaborating with remote/national teams a strong plus.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications without cover letters will not be considered. No phone calls, please. Interviews will be granted according to the qualifications of the applicants.
AAPCHO is an equal opportunity employer.