Community Outreach and Strategic Partnerships Manager
Details: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
3611 Motor Avenue
Will be working for The First Tee of Los Angeles - operated by The Los Angeles Junior Chamber of Commerce Charity Foundation.
Reports to: Programs Director (indirect report to Executive Director)
Job Summary: The Community Outreach and Strategic Partnerships Manager will be responsible for overseeing our National Schools Program and DRIVE. (please visit our website for details). The primary responsibility will be to steward our current community partners and recruit new ones, thereby helping the agency expand their impact on underserved youth in Los Angeles in both numbers and geography. This individual will be working with our exciting partners: LAUSD, Beyond the Bell, Boys & Girls Clubs, Girls Inc., Kyds Inc., and more. They will also facilitate field trips to local City and County-owned golf facilities.
Training Requirement: Assistant Coach Training (online) and Level One Coach Training (paid for by TFTLA)
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Manage existing program partners
- Recruit new program partners in areas adjacent to our 15 Los Angeles golf courses that serve elementary, middle school, and high-school students
- Recruit and supervise National School Program (NSP) and DRIVE assistant coaches and coaches
- Manage program impact through the administration and reporting of surveys and other tools
- Member of senior management team and strategic leader in growing number of youth impacted and targeting fee-for-service partners
- Data input/run reports to track metrics using Salesforce (experience using Salesforce a plus)
- Assist Executive Director in providing content needed for grants or other fundraising materials
- Strong public speaker to give presentations to prospective strategic partners
- Work with Program Director to ensure the implementation of program policies and procedures
- Assist in developing and adhering to annual program operating budget
- Report program metrics, budget information, impact reports to the Program Director, Executive Director and The First Tee Home Office
- Develop recognition and awards program for participants
- Plan awards/lunch ceremonies – everything from logistics to transportation and food.
- Ability to secure in-kind donations to keep expenses low
Other Roles as a member of TFTLA Staff:
- Participate in special events including golf tournaments, community outreach events and TFTLA fundraisers
- Work with the Program Director to effectively transition NSP and DRIVE youth to attend The First Tee Life Skills Experience (LSE) classes at golf courses across Los Angeles.
- Be a member of the First Tee of Los Angeles volunteer leadership team for the Invesco QQQ Championship and Genesis Open
Qualifications & Experience:
- Previous experience working with youth agencies and after school programs a HUGE PLUS
- Bachelor of Arts Degree or advanced degree preferred
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal relations and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with Outlook to keep track of meetings and tasks
- Demonstrated ability to work with Excel to create reports and spreadsheets
- Demonstrated ability to work with Word to create and edit documents
- Knowledge of Salesforce a plus
- Knowledge of QuickBooks a plus
- Valid Drivers’ License. (Note: position requires extensive travel within LA County)
- Knowledge of golf preferred, but not necessary
Employees regularly scheduled to work forty hours per week are eligible to receive health insurance through TFTLA, subject to the waiting period of the health policy. TFTLA pays 100% of the cost of all individual full-time employees coverage. Information regarding TFTLA's health benefits programs, will be provided to employees upon hire by their Supervisor or the Executive Director.
Note: TFTLA is currently reviewing all current and potential benefits. Additional benefits will be offered starting in January 2019.
Level of Language Proficiency
Fluent in English
Spanish a plus but not required
Minimum Education Required