Board of Church and Society Program Coordinator - NY Conf of the UMC
- Job posted by The New York Conference | The United Methodist Church
Details: Non-exempt part time hourly position, $20.00 per hour
20 Soundview Avenue
The United Methodist New York Conference Board of Church and Society is making great shifts to align itself with the mission, vision, and core values of the conference. Working directly with local churches, the board will equip churches to identify contextual justice needs in their community, provide education about Wesleyan faith in action, and provide connective tissue of needed resources for churches to live into their baptismal vows to embody justice work. We are looking for a justice seeking person who is articulate about Wesleyan theology to manage the administrative responsibilities of the board. This is a 20-hour per week position.
Characteristics and responsibilities include:
· Skillful listener
· Resource gatherer
· Strong communicator
· Liaison with District Superintendents or appropriate district representatives.
· Manage email database and online calendar including sending out monthly meeting reminders, following up with local churches, and keeping contact information current.
· Serve as primary contact for Church and Society events.
· Evaluate and train local church leadership as part of a team with Church and Society board members on-site and remotely.
· Reserve meeting space at Conference Center and arrange for light refreshments.
· Attend monthly CBCS meetings (usually the 2nd Saturday morning of each month in White Plains) and participate in weekly conference calls with the leadership committee of the board.
· Manage the Church and Society table and activities at Annual Conference.
· Store Church and Society property (Banner, program material, etc)
· Develop assessment tool for Church and Society projects and program material, evaluating and cataloguing results.
· Demonstrate a working understanding of United Methodist polity and Social Principles.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
The person in this position will report to the NY Conference Board of Church and Society, working closely with the executive committee and in deliberate collaboration with the New York Annual Conference Director of Connectional Ministries. While the hours are flexible and remote, it is expected that there will be a weekly presence at the Conference Office in White Plains.