1400 K Street NW
Senior Finance Specialist
Location: Preferred Washington DC
JOB SUMMARY & KEY PRIORITIES:
The Senior Finance Specialist, Reporting and Analysis will be responsible for supporting the finance team in two main roles: business analysis and project/data management. This individual will oversee the administration of the organization’s financial management and forecasting system, Adaptive Insights, and manage various cross-cutting projects related to system improvements. In addition, given our size, the position manages certain governance and operations functions in close communication with the CEO and CFO.
The ideal candidate will be able to work with a high degree of autonomy, have the ability to quickly learn and ramp up on internal processes and policies, possess a keen eye for detail, and have excellent Communication and Interpersonal skills.
- Work in conjunction with the Sr. Financial Manager to prepare concise summaries of budgets and financial status for Grameen Foundation management including findings to inform decision-making.
- Work closely with Finance department to ensure timely, accurate and relevant information is available to program, regional teams, and supporting departments.
- In coordination with the CFO, Business Analysts and Senior Financial Manager, actively assist with the Organization’s budgeting process and mid-year forecast, including serving as the lead in managing and administering Adaptive Insights, including uploading relevant data, preparing reports and supporting the budget and forecast process.
- Provide analytical and operational support for Support department budgets (Finance, Operations, Joint Program Costs, and Fringe Benefits). This includes monitoring spending against budgets, processing invoices, entering relevant financial information into GF’s financial system, and preparing necessary reports and analysis for team members.
- Assist with management of program budgets, including budget tracking, analysis, and reporting.
- Monitor and report on grants.
- Assist with the creation of program budgets for proposals.
- Perform financial analysis and special projects as assigned
Project and Data Management
- Act as administrator for Grameen’s financial management and forecasting software, Adaptive Insights (AI):
- Ensure accuracy and integrity of data, including uploading monthly data from Great Plains and Replicon, updating existing AI reports, and creating new AI reports.
- Evaluate the system’s performance to discover ways of enhancing it, making updates as appropriate.
- Troubleshoot data-related problems and recommend maintenance or modifications.
- Act as first point of contact for training new users in the system.
- Manage cross-cutting system improvement projects in conjunction with the CFO, Sr Financial Manager, and Director of IT.
Board and Operations Management
- Manage the Grameen Foundation board meetings by coordinating the preparation of meeting materials (including reports, resolutions, agenda and additional documentation as needed), communicating with board members on various issues, and selecting and implementing meeting venue.
- Support CFO in PowerPoint presentations for board committees and the board.
- Support HQ Operations by managing vendor relationships/accounts, preparing invoices for payment, monitoring that all sub-leases are paying rent on time and other tasks upon request.
- Manage “ghost” Operations credit card and prepare monthly report.
- Serve as back-up on certain accounting tasks.
- Serve as back-up occasionally on certain operations tasks.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- At least 3 years of Experience in using forecasting software and similar databases required – Adaptive Insights tool is a plus.
- 3 years of experience using accounting software, Salesforce, Concur, and Box.com strongly preferred.
- At least 3 years of experience managing program budgets, including budget tracking, analysis, and reporting.
- Excellent cross-cultural skills and proven ability to work with diverse people and institutions.
- Proven High Proficiency level in Microsoft Office suite, Google Drive, and Skype required.
- High level of dependability, confidentiality, and integrity.
- Strong initiative for implementing process improvements based on team needs.
- Ability to work with internal and external groups or work independently with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated exceptional organizational skills, strong detail-orientation and efficiency.
- Strong oral and written communication skills including English grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
EDUCATION BACKGROUND AND EXPERIENCE:
- 3 to 5 years of work experience in finance teams. Experience with nonprofits, overseas work experience, or work with global organizations a strong plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Finance or other related field
- At least 3 years of Experience with learning new software and tools.
- At least 3 years of experience managing financial data and creating financial reports.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Apply and submit resume and cover letter to grameenfoundation.org