Details: Salary Commensurate with Experience
1700 K Street, NW
Today is your opportunity to join an innovative, cutting edge and highly effective non-profit organization tackling one of the most critical public health issues of our time—lung cancer. Lung Cancer Alliance is focused solely on saving lives and when you join the team you will help us do just that, each and every day.
Led by a team of passionate, driven professionals, Lung Cancer Alliance takes a strategic and scientific approach to turn those diagnosed into survivors and ensure those at risk receive the benefit of screening. Take this opportunity to join the team and the movement that will flip the survival rate for the leading cause of cancer death on its head.
The primary responsibility of the Human Resources Manager is to enhance Lung Cancer Alliance’s human resources, ensuring a responsive and professional program, promoting and cultivating a supportive, inclusive and collaborative culture and fostering a strong sense of community. The HR Manager will evaluate and improve employee relations and human resource policies, program and practices. The Manager coordinates the recruitment of new staff, leads onboarding and orientation and institutes best practices for evaluating staff performance and professional development year-round. In addition, the HR Manager oversees the staff training program to expand program knowledge and educate on advancements that impact and further help our community.
- Lead all human resources administration including recruiting and hiring, professional development and training.
- Develop and maintain updated job descriptions.
- Work with supervisors to recruit, screen and interview high quality candidates, conduct reference checks, conduct exit interviews.
- Develop programs to enhance employee relations and offer support to each staff member.
- Research appropriate salary levels, reviewing current market pay for all positions annually.
- Ensure that the new hire orientation and onboarding processes introduce new employees to the organization’s culture, programs and operations.
- Review and establish a 360 degree evaluation process, training staff on new process and coaching on any improvements and changes needed.
- Maintain updated employee benefits documents and employee handbook.
- Evaluate employee benefits program annually and make recommendations for staff retention.
- Recommend and schedule appropriate group and individual staff training.
- Maintain appropriate human resource records.
- Assist supervisors with counseling, coaching and disciplining employees, including maintaining appropriate documentation.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Commitment to LCA’s mission and vision
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in human resource or related field
- At least 5 years of experience with human resource management; SHRM certification preferred
- Strong relationship-building and interpersonal skills
- Preference for candidates with prior experience at non-profits
- Excellent interpersonal and critical thinking skills, including multi-tasking, setting priorities and problem solving
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential situations and documentation.
- Strong computer skills, specifically using MS Office software
Generous benefits package, including paid health, dental and vision, ST and LT disability, life, a 403(b) plan contribution after meeting eligibility requirements.
Excellent leave policy - all federal holidays, fifteen days of paid vacation, six days of sick leave, a personal day and more.
Minimum Education Required