Social Worker - 10 months with time off during school holidays and vacation
- Job posted by Mount Sinai Adolescent Health Center
320 East 94th Street
Provide social work services to adolescents and their families in AHC's school-based health center located Manhattan. The social worker will provide evaluation, short-term and ongoing individual psychotherapy and supportive counseling services, as well as health education, crisis intervention, case management and family and group psychotherapy as part of an inter-disciplinary health care team in a high school setting. Position is 10 months with time off during school holidays and vacations.
- Experience in primary care setting required, school based setting preferred.
- Experience with crisis intervention/emergency room mental health referrals and coordination with emergency services.
- Experience in delivery of sexual and reproductive health counseling/options and HIV counseling.
- Experience delivering short and long term therapeutic individual (and group) interventions, including preventative and risk-reduction models.
- Experience working with populations who have complex trauma histories.
- Knowledge of mental health and social service resources in greater NYC area with a working knowledge of state regulations related to child abuse, child neglect, and other urgent care issues.
- Excellent collaborative, clinical, organizational, and documentation skills.
- LCSW preferred.
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send your Cover letter and resume to HRAHC320@yahoo.com
Subject : Social Worker Attn. Marti