254 West 31st Street
Function: Provides case coordination and delivers community rehabilitation services.
· Conducts home visits on a regular basis for assigned case load.
· Obtains psychosocial histories and conducts functional skills assessments.
· Establishes and maintains liaison with primary provider of psychiatric care.
· Assures access to psychiatric, substance abuse and medical services, and entitlement benefits.
· Monitors client medication, including adherence and side-effects.
· Develops an individualized rehabilitation plan (Service/Support Plan) in accordance with client needs, strengths, and goals and in consultation with the treatment team and others of the client’s choice.
· Delivers community rehabilitation services according to individual need, including: Assertiveness/Self Advocacy Training, Community Integration Services/Resource Development, Daily Living Skills Training, Health Services, Medication Management Training, Parenting Training, Rehabilitation Counseling, Skill Development Services, Socialization, Substance Abuse Services, and Symptom Management.
· Documents client response to service, progress and regressions, and regularly updates the Service/Support Plan.
· Trains clients in safety procedures and conducts fire drills and self-preservation tests.
· Prepares residents for transition to independent living and makes necessary referrals.
· Facilitates crisis intervention in the event of an emergency.
· Staffs Emergency Pager on a rotating basis.
· Maintains client charts and submits necessary notes and reports, including incident reports, in compliance with agency procedures.
· Oversees maintenance of apartments, inventories furniture, and alerts program director of maintenance problems.
· Attends in-service training as requested by supervisory personnel.
· Provides coverage as needed for other staff on the program team.
· Serves as “Qualified Mental Health Staff Person”.
· Ensures delivery of program services according to agency policies and procedures.
· Ensures compliance with applicable NYS OMH and NYC DMH regulations.
· Acts as supervisor on duty in the absence of the director.
· Supervisory, program management, quality assurance, and other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: M.A. in psychology or a human services related field or a B.A. in psychology or a human services related field and significant experience in the field. Ability to lead and mentor others
Salary: $48,925.00 plus generous benefits.
ACMH, Inc. promotes the wellness and recovery of persons with mental illness living in New York City and is a leader in the provision of outreach and engagement, care management, rehabilitation, and supportive housing.
For more information, visit our website: www.acmhnyc.org
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Email a resume, cover letter and contact information for 3 professional references to:
Director, Human Resources and Information Management