Network - Network Leadership
Originally founded in 1991 as Harlem RBI, DREAM has grown to annually serve more than 2,500 youth across East Harlem and the South Bronx through a network of six PreK-12, extended-day, extended-year DREAM Charter Schools and community sports-based youth development programs. Through our commitment to rigorous academics, social-emotional learning, deep family and community engagement, and health and wellness, we create lifelong learners who are equipped to fulfill their vision of success in and out of the classroom. We dream big, as well, with an aggressive five-year plan to expand to serve 3,500 students across seven schools—growing our organization's impact and leveling the playing field for all children. To learn more, visit wearedream.org.
Reporting to the Network Director of Curriculum and Instruction, the Associate Director of Elementary School Math's
primary responsibility is to develop and codify a rigorous, vertically aligned elementary school math curriculum. They will spend the majority of their time writing elementary school math curriculum and assessments and giving feedback to school-based team members on math unit and lesson plans. Additionally, the Elementary School Math Curriculum Specialist will ensure high quality implementation of the curriculum by observing and modeling math lessons in DREAM's elementary schools and supporting effective intellectual preparation. The ideal candidate has strong elementary school math content and pedagogical knowledge with a record of achievement for all children, as well as excellent planning, codification, and organizational skills. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops and codifies the elementary (ES) math curriculum, including creation of a year-long scope and sequence, unit plans, assessments, lesson plans, and instructional materials
- Oversees and provides feedback on curriculum development and revision work done by lead planners or other school-based team members
- Utilizes student performance data to assess the effectiveness of curricular design and implementation and make necessary short and long term revisions and improvements
- Ensures that the design and implementation of the ES math curriculum leads to continuous improvement of student outcomes
- Facilitates strong implementation of the elementary school math curriculum by: (1) Attending and sometimes leading unit previews and other intellectual prep meetings in prioritized grades; (2) Modeling best teaching practices; (3) Observing and providing feedback on ES math instruction.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION At DREAM, diversity, equity, and inclusion are a matter of mission.
- Master's Degree in Education or Teaching, preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of elementary school math teaching experience with a record of achievement for ALL children
- Extensive knowledge of instructional design, curriculum development, assessment design, and pedagogical best practices in elementary school math
- Experience with instructional leadership and/or teacher development, preferred
- A drive to succeed and achieve great results on behalf of all students, especially those furthest from opportunity
- Deeply committed to fostering equity and inclusion in our schools
- Strong interpersonal skills, cultural competency, and an ability to connect and build relationships with a diverse group of people
- Strong organizational skills and an ability to project plan, prioritize, and balance multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including ability to convey complex information to a variety of audiences
- A strong belief in the mission and values of DREAM, including a desire to make a difference in the lives of our students, families, and community
From our schools to our playing fields, DREAM is committed to building a team where each individual can bring their full identity and experience to work because representation matters—it enriches our team culture, enhances our ability to innovate, and strengthens our impact in and out of the classroom. DREAM engages staff that represent and appreciate the diversity of our majority Black and Hispanic student body, while working to ensure that our practices are equitable, welcoming, and productive. We are dedicated to creating a world where youth, especially youth of color, have permission to dream—along with the tools and opportunities to make their dreams reality.
Come dream with us.DREAM MAXIMS
All Kids Can. This Kid Can.
DREAM is Family.
Fun is a Serious Value.
Teamwork Makes the DREAM Work.
Fail. Persist. Exceed.
<img src="https://www.click2apply.net/v/OaOwYofBpeBLIgVbsOd6D" />