Details: Salary will be commensurate with experience
District of Columbia
Families USA, a leading national voice for health care consumers dedicated to the achievement of high-quality, affordable health care for all, is seeking a new policy analyst to support and assist in the facilitation of the organization’s Medicaid policy initiatives. The Policy or Senior Policy Analyst of Medicaid Initiatives will provide expertise in policy analysis and strategy. This work assists the organization in achieving organizational goals surrounding how to influence state and federal policy makers, inform advocates and the public on Medicaid and, to a lesser extent, Medicare-related issues.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Synthesize and adapt complex Medicaid policy issues for multiple audiences
- Analyze qualitative and quantitative information on the (50 state) Medicaid program(s)
- Prepare memoranda, regulatory comments, issue briefs and fact sheets and blogs on Medicaid (and Medicare)
- Strategize with the Medicaid Program Director and other staff surrounding organizational policy agenda to produce high-quality, timely projects
- Track Medicaid policy updates and help keep organization abreast of changes in policy
- Fact-check, edit, and quality control written content
- Maintain positive relationships with funders
- Coordinate with state and national advocates surrounding Medicaid policy initiatives
- Represent Families USA at external meetings with advocates and federal regulators
- Coordinate with Content staff on blogs, infographics and other knowledge products related to Medicare and Medicaid
- Assist in periodic supervision of interns and fellows by assigning and reviewing projects
- Present at conferences and webinars on Medicaid
- Plan and staff annual Families USA conference workshops for Medicaid track
- Coordinate with field team to stay abreast of Medicaid policy developments in the states
- Serve as technical resource to state advocates and other staff on Medicare and Medicaid issues
- Serve as sounding board to supervisor and provide guidance and input on organizational policy
Education and Experience
Master’s degree in public policy or JD desirable or equivalent combination of experience and education, and one to five years of experience in health policy or related field, writing for diverse audiences (e.g., for federal agencies, advocates, consumers), and policy analysis.
To apply, submit a cover letter and resume online via the link below. The salary will be commensurate with experience. Families USA offers a generous benefits package including excellent health insurance, life and long-term disability insurance benefits and generous vacation, sick leave, and holiday schedules. Families USA is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified veterans and diverse candidates are encouraged to apply. No phone calls, please.
Families USA offers a generous benefits package including excellent health insurance, life and long-term disability insurance benefits and generous vacation, sick leave, and holiday schedules.
Minimum Education Required