1617 John F Kennedy Boulevard
Business Unit: Operations
Department: Workforce Strategies
Reports To: Director of Workforce Operations
Posted: 10/12/2018 – 10/26/2018
This position will be responsible for assisting Operations Unit staff plan and accomplish necessary tasks. This position will also work with Operations Unit staff by providing administrative support and will ensure efficiency and organization within the Unit. This position is expected to perform duties with a high degree of independence, initiative and judgment.
This position will be responsible for the following duties:
· Assist in the operational efficiency of new and existing projects
· Coordinate programmatic activities of personnel involved in the implementation of projects
· Organize activities of project to ensure that goals or objectives are accomplished within the prescribed time frame.
· Track deliverables and report on project progress.
· Serve as the single point of contact to ensure effective communication of project progress, goals, and deliverables.
· Organize, file, and maintain all documents related to projects.
· Coordinate and execute daily administrative tasks.
· Serve in a coordinating and recording capacity in inter-departmental, board committee and other meetings and conferences
- Assist in preparation of both Power Point and written presentations of the department’s programs.
- Attend internal and external meetings as required; prepare reports summarizing the essence of the meeting.
- Assist in the planning of board committee meetings, in person or via conference call. Prepare or ensure that related materials, agendas and other documents pertinent for committee meetings are prepared.
- Provide as needed administrative support for the operations department management and supervisor staff.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree (preferred) from an accredited college or university with 1 to 3 years’ related experience preferably in the Workforce Innovation sector. Or, any combination of education and experience determined to be acceptable.
Or, any combination of education and experience determined to be acceptable.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
· Must possess basic project management skills and/or knowledge of project management principles
· Must possess highly developed interpersonal, verbal and writing skills
· Must be a self-starter and able to work collaboratively with a variety of stakeholders
· Must possess strong organization, problem solving and planning skills
· Ability to adapt to change and manage competing demands
· Possess intermediate level Word, Excel and Power Point skills
· Working knowledge of Office 365
Equal Opportunity Employer
Philadelphia Works is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, transgender status, and gender identity), gender, creed, age, national origin, ancestry, familial status, religion, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual preference, political affiliation, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws, in all matters pertaining to recruitment, selection, compensation, training, advancement and promotion, retention, discipline, and termination.
Philadelphia Works offers qualifying full time employees with a competitive benefits program including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), tuition assistance, life and disability. We also offer company paid vacation, personal and sick leave days.
Minimum Education Required