The National Domestic Workers Alliance is the leading national voice for dignity and fairness for domestic workers in the United States. Care in Action is a nonprofit organization dedicated to fighting for dignity and fairness for the millions of domestic workers in the United States, most of whom are immigrants and women of color.
We are hiring motivated individuals as Canvassers for paid canvassing programs in Virginia for the 2021 election cycle. Virginia’s general election is November 2, 2021. To aid turnout, the National Domestic Workers Alliance and Care in Action are launching a canvass operation to educate, empower, and get folks to the polls.
Women, People of Color, People with Disabilities, and LGBTQ people are strongly urged to apply. Care workers and other domestic workers are also strongly urged to apply. Applications will only be accepted electronically. We are hiring for multiple positions, and the positions will remain open until filled.
Job Title: Canvasser
Location: Richmond, VA and Prince William, VA
Compensation: $15 per hour
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Position: Part-time (28 hrs/week), temporary
Dates of Employment: ASAP - November 2, 2021
Canvassers will be responsible for talking with voters about the 2021 Virginia statewide elections. They will educate community members about Care in Action’s endorsed candidates and how to vote under the immediate supervision of a Canvass Lead and Virginia Program Manager. Those with previous voter contact experience are encouraged to apply!
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Canvass neighborhoods to drop off important election materials and have brief in-person discussions with voters while following requisite COVID-19 safety protocols, including but not limited to mask-wearing and social distancing.
- Track data and completed canvassing shifts on a regular basis
- Check-in as needed with your Lead about your progress and team GOTV goals
- Communicate with your supervisor daily about your shifts and availability
- Represent the organization(s) professionally and effectively to the public
Qualifications and Experience:
- Have access to a smartphone, computer, and reliable internet access for job duration
- Work well independently towards a team goal
- Strong interpersonal skills and outgoing personality
- Be goal-oriented, punctual, organized, and have a positive attitude
- Believe in the mission and vision of the National Domestic Workers Alliance and Care in Action
- Proficiency in a language other than English is a plus
- Access to a car is a plus, but carpooling is an option
The National Domestic Workers Alliance is the leading national voice for dignity and fairness for domestic workers in the United States. Care in Action is a nonprofit organization dedicated to fighting for dignity and fairness for the…