Kiva (www.kiva.org) is an innovative non-profit focused on connecting people through lending to alleviate poverty. We run a global marketplace platform for crowdfunded microloans that serves the financially excluded. Kiva combines the culture and technological passion of an internet start-up with the compassion and empathy of a non-profit to address poverty at global scale. We aim to drive social impact and enable opportunity while providing a borrower-to-lender connection: “Loans that change lives.” In just 13 years, we have raised more than $1.1 billion in loan capital for 2.7 million borrowers in 83 countries. Our lenders fund over $10 million in loans every month and Kiva is poised to take its initial success to a whole new level. With offices in San Francisco, Nairobi, New York, Bangkok, and Portland, Kiva's team has 100+ employees and 300+ volunteers worldwide.
The Kiva U.S. Program is designed to support financially excluded and socially impactful entrepreneurs here in the United States. The Kiva model leverages both financial and social underwriting mechanisms to determine creditworthiness of a borrower. Kiva offers entrepreneurs the opportunity to apply for and fundraise loans of up to $10,000.
The Partnership Manager, Kiva U.S. Program will be responsible for the growth and development of the Kiva program in the Chicago market and surrounding regions, reporting to the Senior Manager, Kiva US Program. This is a temporary full-time role with a duration of two years. An extension beyond two years would be contingent on future grant funding.
At this time we can only consider applicants with authorization to work in the United States on a permanent, full-time basis; unfortunately we cannot provide visa sponsorship.
- Strategic Outreach – Identify opportunities to promote Kiva to the local economic development community and to entrepreneurs by leveraging partnerships, community events, borrower networks, and creative marketing strategies.
- Partnership Development – Identify, pursue and close win-win collaborations with local organizations and enterprises serving entrepreneurs that are financially excluded or have social impact oriented businesses.
- Account Management – Manage relationships with existing partner organizations in Chicago and surrounding regions.
- Community – Cultivate an engaged community among various Kiva advocates in Chicago and surrounding regions: including Kiva borrowers, trustees, lenders, funders and volunteers.
- Content Creation – Design resources to support the onboarding of new Kiva trustees and borrowers, as well as marketing Kiva as a local resource.
- Program Scale and Sustainability – Kiva’s goal is to support entrepreneurs in the Chicago region over the long term, and to create a framework for continued growth and sustainability.
We Require that You Are:
- Equipped with at least 3 years’ experience in a business or community development, program management, account management, marketing or related role.
- Highly independent, proactive and entrepreneurial; a self-starter who is comfortable working with a distributed team (you will be the only Kiva employee based in Chicago).
- Able to successfully juggle multiple projects, flexible, and comfortable with change.
- Detail oriented, highly organized, with a love for data.
- A connector that deeply enjoys developing and supporting partnerships.
- A strong communicator and collaborative team member.
We Prefer that You Are:
- Rooted within Chicago – you are already well connected in Chicago’s small business or economic development communities.
- Passionate about your work, and about expanding economic opportunity in the US.
- Able to pivot from small details to the big picture. You should be comfortable answering challenging strategic questions, interacting with all kinds of people, and rigorously driving operational execution.
- Positive and enthusiastic, with a passion for what we do!
What we offer:
- An amazing mission: Kiva’s mission is to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty across the globe
- An opportunity to improve real lives, solve hard problems, and change the world
- Friendly, supportive, and adventurous environment with a team of engaged colleagues
- Casual, but high performing work environment
- A comprehensive, industry-leading benefits package
- Opportunities to connect with and learn from colleagues and partners around the world
A diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is an integral part of Kiva's culture. We actively welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a great place to work. Join us and help us achieve our mission!
Minimum Education Required