Details: Commensurate with experience
241 Water Street
Blue School is a nonprofit independent PK-8 school in Lower Manhattan.
Blue School integrates many cloud services that are necessary for daily operations. We take full advantage of the G Suite for Education apps for communication, storage and digital portfolios. The Technology Department oversees all faculty, administration, and student Google accounts, wireless network, computing devices, servers and classroom technology. Blue School's Technology Department combines Apple devices such as iMac, Mac mini, MacBook, Apple TV, iPads, and Google devices such as Chromebooks and Chromecast that are utilized by students. These are all accommodated based on departmental needs.
As Blue School expands to a new campus, the Technology Department seeks a self-motivated individual to join our community to handle the day-to-day tech needs of all its users.
● Maintain and manage all systems and services including VOIP and G Suite for Education
● Deploy and manage end user Macbooks and iPads using JAMF Pro and Chromebooks using Google Device Management Console and Gopher
● Maintain and manage user accounts and groups for all systems including tech ticketing and G Suite for Education
Technical Support and Maintenance
Second-level technical support for faculty, administration and students, including direct troubleshooting of hardware, peripherals, and software issues
● Monitor help-desk for tickets. Communicate status of jobs to the Technology Department and end users.
● Ensure that school assets are labeled, maintained and tracked accurately in JAMF Pro, Google and Asset Panda.
● Test, implement, install, configure, troubleshoot and repair laptop carts, mobile (iOS, Chromebook) devices, Apple TV's, projectors and A/V sound system.
● Monitor and maintain school iPad, Chromebook carts and laptop carts
● Maintain and administer phone handsets and VOIP systems.
● Install, implement, troubleshoot, and maintain network printers
● Install, upgrade, test and troubleshoot software applications, mobile apps, and desktop computers
● Provide technical & audio-visual support for various events as delegated and assist in media uploads post-event as needed
Other Technology Functions
● Assist in training staff on new software and hardware devices
● Respond to and work on special projects as needed or requested
● Research new technologies the Technology Department and Blue School can benefit from.
● Working knowledge of Apple computer hardware, macOS, iOS applications and peripherals
● Basic knowledge of JAMF Pro and deployment of iOS devices including Apple VPP and DEP
● Knowledge of basic networking | Firewall, switches, WAPs
● Experience managing phone and voicemail systems
● Experience troubleshooting printers, Google Cloud Print and AirPrint
● Basic knowledge of wireless networking implementation, configuration, and security
● Experience with Macs and iPads, Mobile Device Management systems and Google Suite of apps
● Effective, appropriate and timely communication across multiple constituents including administration, faculty, staff, students and vendors
● Ability to work and focus within a fast-paced and high-volume environment
● Ability to explain technical jargon to general audiences, and to be patient with new technology learners
● Support tech projects initiated by other colleagues
● Flexible and collaborative team player
● Ability to lift and move 50 pounds
● Ability to work flexibly between campus locations
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with Technology Coordinator in the subject line.
Blue School is an Equal Opportunity Employer.