The Bowery Mission (TBM) is a holistic, Christian faith-based organization committed since the 1870's to serving people experiencing homelessness, hunger and poverty. The organization’s Human Resources department is seeking a Human Resources Coordinator to join in supporting 150+ staff members across 8 locations throughout NY and 1 in PA.
As a key member of the HR Team, the Human Resources Coordinator will provide administrative and project support to the organization’s ongoing efforts to better recruit, hire, develop, and support our staff as they seek to fulfill TBM’s calling to serve people experiencing homelessness.
The Coordinator will be depended upon to handle confidential information and demonstrate sound judgement. He/she will be responsible for a wide-variety of administrative and project tasks supporting the organization’s hiring, onboarding, and off-boarding practices, training & staff development efforts, staff culture initiatives, and maintaining records as well as supporting the other members of the Human Resources Team.
Reports to: Associate Director, Human Resources (HR Manager until February 2021)
- Coordinate and implement staff training and event logistics, as well as maintain employee training records
- Partner with teams across the organization to identify and meet training needs
Hiring & Recruitment
- Support organization’s hiring process as the initial point of contact for all recruitment-related items, developing collaborative relationships with hiring managers, team members, and recruiting vendors
- Maintain Applicant Tracking System, including pulling data and reports
Onboarding & Off-boarding
- Partner with hiring managers to initiate and execute successful new hire onboarding process
- Ensure successful off-boarding for each employee departure
Administrative Tasks & Departmental Projects:
- Handle a variety of administrative tasks supporting the HR Team, including management of HRIS system (BambooHR), administer Paid Time Off, maintain HR email inbox
- Administer the annual employee engagement survey & support the resulting staff culture initiatives
- Support and partner with other members of the HR team with other annual initiatives as assigned (ie – performance review process, benefits open enrollment, etc.)
- Serve as liaison with building management, with light office management responsibilities, at The Bowery Mission’s administrative offices
- Embrace the organization's Statement of Faith
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Passion for learning and growing within the Human Resources field.
- 1 -2 years HR experience
- Collaborative work-style – thinks “we” instead of mine or yours
- Strong relationship-building and customer service skills
- Proactive approach to identifying problems and recommending solutions
- Ability to manage a variety of tasks and priorities with a flexible approach as business needs change
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Demonstrated experience in matters of confidentiality – known for exercising sound judgement
- Proven communication skills and utmost professionalism in presentations, email, and phone
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience working with HRIS and ATS platforms
- Prior non-profit experience