Details: Compensation for this position is competitive and depends on prior experience.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
A key component of the work of Internationals Network is gauging the success of our programs and services as we transform schools that serve multilingual youth. In your role as Research Associate you will support research efforts on the impact of our programs and services across Internationals Network nationally. The Research Associate reports to the Director of Research and Innovation in the key role of supporting data collection, analysis and reporting (both quantitative and qualitative) across Internationals Network nationally, supporting the preparation of materials for engaging staff in review and analysis of impact data with the goal of continuous improvement. The Research Associate works across multiple projects to prepare evaluation materials for Internationals Network services and works with staff across the organization to understand the impact of Internationals Network services on schools, students, teachers and staff. As a collaborator across teams, the Research Association works with Program, Development and Communications staff to collect and maintain data on impact of professional development services, provides updated data on schools and services, synthesizes articles and reports from the field to support development of new services as well as programmatic research efforts for continuous improvement.
WHAT YOU BRING:
Internationals Network is looking for committed, creative, energetic staff to continue to scale the work of our growing network of public secondary schools serving immigrant multilingual youth. We seek individuals who are inspired by our mission and are highly motivated to improve educational programs and services for immigrant English Language Learners across the United States. You'll be right at home here if you are passionate about issues related to equity, are a creative and collaborative thinker, and are a great communicator looking to grow as a professional by working collaboratively.
WE EXPECT THE RESEARCH ASSOCIATE TO:
● Be strong in program management, efficient, organized and nimble, with the ability to multitask, self-monitor, and self direct;
● Demonstrate analytical skills (Excel), with the ability to make data requests, understand and navigate spreadsheets and data and the ability to prepare evaluation materials for services and compile results for analysis
● Can create timelines and juggle multiple requests;
● Possess technical skills across the Google and Microsoft platforms, including Google docs, forms and spreadsheets, PowerPoint, Word and Excel;
● Demonstrate keen analytical skills and attention to detail
● Be a superb, diplomatic communicator who can work collaboratively with staff in many different roles and interact with school personnel, district leaders, teachers and students;
● Be able to apply research skills and critical thinking, with the ability to use multiple sources and streams of data to find information, i.e. public data, spreadsheets from schools, surveys, and other published research;
● Be a critical thinker, using decisive reasoning to determine the best course of action and
● Demonstrate strong writing skills, with the ability to synthesize, find key ideas, summarize and write short reports for internal and external audiences;
● Collect, track, and report program and school outcome data upon request;
● Demonstrate a growing interest (or prior experience) in learning data visualization skills;
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
● Bachelor’s degree required
● Multilingual skills a plus
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. For more information on Internationals Network for Public Schools, visit our website at www.internationalsnetwork.org.