Sanctuary for Families is New York's leading service provider and advocate for survivors of domestic violence, sex trafficking and related forms of gender violence. Every year, Sanctuary empowers thousands of adults and children to move from fear and abuse to safety and stability, transforming lives through a comprehensive range of services. We provide wrap-around services to help survivors rebuild their lives in the aftermath of abuse, and work to end gender violence through three key strategies: direct services, outreach and training, and systems-change advocacy.
The family program coordinator will oversee and develop programming in our state of the art children's room. Utilizing the Elements of Play Toy Library, there is endless opportunity to develop and create program that will enrich the lives of all of the children and parents who come through our doors. The Family Program Coordinator will supervise the children's activity leader to ensure that all programming supports children and families through a trauma informed lens. In addition, the Family Program Coordinator will have a caseload of family counseling clients and play a critical part in moving the clinical department to conceptualizing cases from a family framework.With this position comes the opportunity for training in evidenced based models; Child-parent psychotherapy and/or Parenting Journey.
- Oversees all services provided in the children's activity room, including childcare, therapeutic activity groups and recreational activities, to ensure quality and appropriateness of services.
- Conducts clinical observations of the children engaging in programming, regarding behavioral and emotional health as well as socialization skills; engages child's caregiver and other service providers, as appropriate, in discussing results of clinical observations.
- Directly supervises the children's activity leader and the potential to supervise a case manager.
- Leads the development and expansion of new Elements of Play programming in the children's activity room.
- Leads the development and implementation of newly funded Literacy Program for families.
- Assesses the needs of families and develops new programming based on those needs.
- Carries a case load of 10-12 family counseling clients and facilitates or co-facilitates groups as needed.
- Leads efforts of integrating the family programming into the other clinical programs at Sanctuary, and across departments.
- Conducts intake assessments for families referred for counseling and creates individualized treatment plans for those families.
- Provides case management, including information referral and advocacy services for families.
- Meets collaterally with other service providers to facilitate families meeting their goals.
- Works with appropriate staff at Sanctuary for Families to recruit and supervise volunteers and interns for programming.
- Conducts community education and outreach.
- Maintains relevant client documentation.
- Performs administrative tasks.
- Perform any other department or agency related duties or special projects as directed.
- Fluency in both English and Spanish required
- Strong clinical skills and clinical experience working with families
- Experience in program development and implementation.
- Strong collaboration skills
- Knowledge and experience providing structural family therapy, CPP and TF-CBT preferred
- Knowledge of child development, family systems, trauma and domestic violence.
- Strong oral and verbal communication skills.
Familiarity to Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Work, and Excel.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/pnkyx2nyqj2bzdg6
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply