Details: Salary commensurate based on experience.
The Development Associate is responsible for supporting the Head of Development and other Senior Leadership positions in implementing fund development activities to achieve annual fundraising goals for the Carey Institute for Global Good. This position requires thoughtfulness, diligence and strong decision-making skills. The Development Associate will play a critical role in securing the necessary resources for our vital programs.
- Perform research, monitor grants and moves management, and provide general portfolio support as part of a newly established development office. Create procedures and systems of efficiency driven by best practices in the development field, particularly as they relate to database protocol and meaningful, methodical stewardship of foundation and individual donors. Ensure coordination between marketing and development teams on key communication and opportunities. Produce fundraising collateral, write copy for newsletter and donor correspondence, and assist in drafting grant proposals.
- Provide portfolio support for Program Directors, Board, CEO and other staff as directed. Support includes but is not limited to: ensuring timely follow-up on current opportunities; identifying opportunities for renewal and growth; creating collateral.
- Research and develop opportunity pipeline and recommendations for outreach strategy for foundations, corporate and individual donors for all programs.
- Meet pipeline development targets.
- Assist in achieving fundraising targets for department.
- Identify opportunities to strengthen donor cultivation and support.
- Bloomerang data entry and reporting.
- Ensure coordination between marketing and development teams on key communication and opportunities.
- Assist with grant management.
- Assist in development of corporate donor strategy.
- Event support as needed.
- General administrative functions and other related duties as required.
- Ethical Conduct.
- Customer/Client Focus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Unbeatable organizational and multi-tasking skills
The Carey Institute is headquartered in Rensselaerville, NY. Our development operations are in the Nashville/Clarksville, Tennessee area. This position may operate remotely.
This job operates in a professional office environment/remote office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing may be required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2-4 years of fundraising experience
- Knowledge and experience with Bloomerang or other Donor Management Systems
- Experience with fundraising tools and databases
- Presentation skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
- Experience with Microsoft Office 365/SharePoint
- Social Media savvy
- Research and analysis skills
Preferred Education and Experience
- Marketing experience.
- Experience in Education, Journalism, Humanitarian or Environmental sectors.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Minimum Education Required