Urban Pathways serves as the first point of contact for New York City's most vulnerable residents - people living on the streets, in subways, or in public areas. An innovative and data-driven leader, Urban Pathways is known for the effectiveness of our "housing first" approach. We engage individuals where they are in the cycle of homelessness. Through outreach and drop-in center services, transitional, long-term and permanent housing, and comprehensive support services, Urban Pathways annually helps nearly 4,000 homeless men and women take control of their lives and find their way home. Urban Pathways is a 501(C)3 non-profit organization. We seek to hire talented and highly motivated individuals who will partner with us to provide excellent service to our clients.
Reporting to the Assistant Director of Human Resources, the Human Resources Recruiter's duties encompass planning and implementing recruitment, hiring and on-boarding processes for employment, volunteer, consultant, and intern searches, including, but not limited to:
· Tracks staff vacancies and prepares reports.
· Maintains the Applicant Tracking System and provides up to date information to Senior Managers and Hiring Managers on an on-going basis.
· Places advertisements for vacant positions in a timely manner.
· Screens all applicants.
· Schedules group and individual interviews, as needed.
· Ensures that employment verifications and reference checks are completed in a timely manner.
· Ensures that applicant credentials are verified in a timely manner.
· Ensures that MVR driver’s license checks are processed and tracked, and the Agency’s Authorized Drivers List is up to date on an on-going and timely manner.
· Ensures that Criminal Background Checks are completed and tracked in a timely manner.
· Ensures that State Central Registry inquiries are processed and tracked in a timely manner.
· Verifies I-9 documentation.
· Works closely with Senior Managers and Finance to determine correct funding allocation for new hires and transfers.
· Schedules and tracks new hire on-boarding activities.
· Bachelor’s Degree in human resources or related field required.
· Minimum of 3 years work experience, preferably in Human Resources.
· Knowledge of Federal, State, and local employment laws and regulations required.
· Effective verbal and written communication skills.
· Excellent organizational and follow-up skills.
· Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work independently or as part of a team.
· Excellent computer skills (Word, Excel, Outlook ) required.
· Experience with ABRA or other HRIS and Applicant Tracking Systems preferred.
· Flexibility and ability to work under pressure.
· PHR/SPHR Certification a plus.
Urban Pathways serves as the first point of contact for New York City's most vulnerable residents - people living on the streets, in subways, or in public areas. An innovative and data-driven leader, Urban Pathways is known for the…
Strong benefits package *
Strong benefits package *