Senior Coordinator-Education & Workforce Development
- Job posted by Los Angeles Area Chamber of Commerce
Full Time Temporary
Details: Temporary, hourly, non-exempt
350 S. Bixel St.
The Education and Workforce Development Coordinator supports the Los Angeles Youth at Work (LAYAW) program and reports to the Director of Education and Workforce Development. It is a full-time (40 hours per week), TEMPORARY non-exempt hourly position. This temporary position will end in late August 2018.
· Coordination, Planning & Implementation of the LA Youth at Works program events such Job Skills Workshops (JSW), Work Readiness (WRC), and Train the trainer sessions, tracks progress of program against goals and strategic plans; assist in the development of program evaluation.
· Partner Engagement: serves as a liaison to community partners and other events that support development, recruitment and participant outreach activities and facilitates outreach to partners, community organizations; attends meetings and makes presentation to community base organizations;
· Leads volunteer engagements activities such as outreach, recruitment, training of new volunteers; develops monthly volunteer newsletter; plans, coordinates and implement event coordination assignments; cultivates and maintains relationships with volunteer organizations; develops and implements recruitment and retentions efforts.
· Program Coordination: Organizes job skills workshops and work readiness certification sessions; meetings, events and programs; produces summary reports of meetings and events; track roles and responsibilities; maintain databases and contact records; leads/staffs JSWs and WRC as needed, coordinates website updates and assist in the creation of marketing materials; sets and meets project priorities and deadlines.
· Event Planning: Provides leadership and support for department programs and events including, but not limited to, logistical and operational support; event and meeting correspondence; program organization, coordination, and implementation; produces high caliber professional style memorandums, written correspondence, meeting minutes, and marketing copy.
· Bachelor’s degree preferred.
· Experience with planning and managing events
· Strong written and verbal communications skills
· Proven ability to handle multiple projects at once
· Must have the ability to provide excellent customer service and be a team player
· Ability to produce a large quantity of work at high quality
· Must be a self-starter, detail oriented and reliable business professional
· Bi-/multi-lingual capabilities preferred
· Experience working with diverse groups of partners, volunteers and stakeholders
· Demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and database technologies
Salary Range: Commensurate based on experience.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The Los Angeles Area Chamber of Commerce provides reasonable accommodation to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position requires:
· Work that may be performed in an intense, fast-paced office environment, depending upon assignment.
· Requires reliable transportation to attend off-site meetings and events.
· Requires ability to understand verbal communication and to respond effectively.
· Positions in this class typically require: reaching, typing, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing, standing for long periods of time and repetitive motions in computer use.
· Requires learning and adapting new software.
The Los Angeles Area Chamber of Commerce is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to promoting a culturally diverse workforce. All Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, gender, or national origin.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If interested in applying, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please include in the subject line of the email: “Temporary Senior Coordinator – Education & Workforce Dev..”
Full Time-Temporary through August 2018
Benefits include: Vacation Time; Sick Time; Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance and 401(k).
Level of Language Proficiency
· Bi-/multi-lingual capabilities preferred
Minimum Education Required