The Climate Registry is an environmental non-profit organization with a mission to help businesses and governments measure the effectiveness of their sustainability and energy efficiency efforts. In support of this goal, our proprietary, web-based application completes complex calculations, data tracking, reporting, and visualizations of sustainability performance indicators for our clients.
We seek an addition to our staff who is motivated and inspired by our mission, and committed to the goal of building a sustainable planet.
As a leading member of our Technical Services team, you will play an integral role in designing, developing and deploying mission-critical applications. Our team is small and versatile, and the software developer will play a dynamic role that includes both management and execution duties. Development will involve the complete application stack: browser, client-side scripting, server-side scripting and database. This is exciting opportunity to build out your professional skill set while contributing effectively within a dynamic agile team environment.
Knowledge and hands-on experience with modern software development is required, including:
o ASP.NET with C#
o Microsoft SQL
o Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio
o Platform design and architecture
o Visual Studio
o Requirements gathering, analysis and documentation
o Microsoft Report Builder
o Filezilla or any FTP (File Transfer Protocol) application
o Software Testing
o Hardware and Network skills a plus
· Desired Experience
o Microsoft Office – especially Excel
o Microsoft Project
o Windows Server administration
o Microsoft MVC
o ASP.NET Core
o Angular JS
Education and Work Experience
• BS in computer science.
• Team-work experience.
• Ideal candidate will have previous demonstrable work experience in application development using the skills listed above.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Attention to detail.
• Strong problem solving, troubleshooting and debugging skills.
• Candidate must be intelligent, curious and creative.
• Ability to learn business rules quickly.
• The candidate should be responsible, self-motivated and organized.
• Interface with management and other team leaders by communicating technical information needs, issues, and updates.
• Build and supervise small technical team.
• Work with business users to gather and understand new and changing requirements.
• Development of application designs and data architecture.
• Development of new applications using .NET technologies.
• Adding features to applications.
• Overseeing QA, fixing bugs and deployment of software updates.
• Work with third party providers to resolve issues and implement new business initiatives.
• Create regular backups of live site database.
• Regularly backup client submitted files and data.
• SQL Queries and DB administration.
The Climate Registry is an equal opportunity employer.
Salary is commensurate with experience
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
This is a contract position available immediately and located in Los Angeles.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. All eligible applications will be considered, however no travel or relocation assistance is available.
Interested candidates should send an email expressing interest in the position and how your experience is a good fit with a resume to HR@theclimateregistry.org.