1012 Torney Avenue
Tides is a philanthropic partner and nonprofit accelerator dedicated to building a world of shared prosperity and social justice. Tides works at the nexus of funders, changemakers, and policy, with extensive impact solutions including philanthropic giving and grantmaking, impact investing, fiscal sponsorship for social ventures, collaborative workspaces, and policy initiatives. Our extensive tools and know-how give our partners the freedom to hit the ground running and drive change faster than they can on their own. For more information, please visit www.tides.org.
This job is for you if:
- You understand and appreciate the impact nonprofits can have in making positive social change.
- Tides’ Vision, Mission and Approach (VMA) strongly resonate with you.
- You are technically savvy but understand and appreciate all aspects of financial and related systems development and how that affects all the different stakeholders involved in daily operations.
- You are organized and transparent.
- You are collaborative. You have a talent for bridging people and technology.
- You carry high standards for customer service and have a passion for working with organizations with a social purpose.
The right candidate will be willing and able to:
- Understand and translate business requirements into technical solutions
- Leverage a strong background on finance and accounting systems processes
- Lead cross-functional teams through project life cycle including initiation, planning, executing and close-out processes
- Excel at problem-solving, have strong analytical skills; ability to manage situations and meet demanding deadlines
- Maintain attention to detail
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Drive project management and office productivity software such as Visio, Smartsheet, other project collaboration technology tools, and Microsoft Office.
- Work independently without close supervision and as a member of a team
- Work collaboratively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels
- Leverage excellent interpersonal skills with proven ability to develop effective working relationships with individuals possessing a variety of communication styles in a multi-cultural environment
- Make timely and sound decisions and maintain confidentiality
- Be an innovative thinker with demonstrate flexibility and a willingness to work within a dynamic workplace and constantly changing priorities
- Accept and take on new challenges for professional growth
- Leverage experience working for and/or with nonprofits
- Provide exceptional customer service to a variety of clients often with competing priorities
- Communicate effectively and often in personal and via electronic messaging platforms to provide detailed statuses, concerns, and priorities for the teams.
- Handle difficult situations with grace and escalate when necessary
- You can shepherd business application development projects; act as liaison between developers and clients/stakeholders; and maintain and drive project plans for multiple concurrent projects
- You can create project specifications; test and document business application solutions
- Coordinate, when necessary, consultants doing development work, and communicate project status to supervisor
- Contribute to the development, documentation, and enforcement of processes and policies within the IT department
- You can translate for the users to other people and vendors to get to the best solution for Tides and our clients
- You can handle some ambiguity and perform other duties as assigned if needed
- You have 4+ years professional project management experience, preferably managing business application implementations. Experience with browser-based business application analysis and development
- You might have a PMP certification which would be great
- You have a strong finance tech background. We need you to hit the ground running here on NetSuite with us.
- Experience in business system integration projects involving finance management systems and ideally NetSuite.
Get to know the team:
Over the last two years, Tides’ has invested significant thought and resources into new systems and process work that drives our core operations. The information technology team consists of a director of information technology, a technology projects manager, a technical support manager, and an application support specialist. Tides IT also works with a managed service provider on infrastructure and ongoing IT support needs. The new technology projects manager will add critical capacity as the team works to expand Tides investments around NetSuite and related systems development, expanding usage, documentation, and process improvements through a proactive and integrated, cross-functional approach.
What’s in it for you:
Tides offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and vision. Tides contributes to employee Health Savings Accounts (HSA). Tides matches employee contributions to a retirement plan and the employer match is 100% vested immediately. Tides also covers Basic life insurance, Basic AD&D & LTD for all eligible employees at no cost.
All employees start with 3 weeks of vacation and receive 12 paid holidays. Employees also receive 2 additional optional holidays per year in observance of other holidays and a birthday holiday. We offer competitive nonprofit salaries.
We have flexible work arrangements to make you comfortable including outdoor patio work areas, comfy work/lounge space, standing desk options, cubicles and open or private work spaces.
Only candidates who meet the above-stated qualifications will be considered. Your resume should include a cover letter expressing your interest in working to support Tides and why you are qualified for this role. No phone calls please.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Tides is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage and seek applications from women, people of color, and bilingual and bicultural individuals, as well as members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, or medical condition including acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS) and AIDS-related conditions.
Applicants with Disabilities:
Reasonable accommodation will be made so that qualified disabled applicants may participate in the application process. Please advise in writing of special needs at the time of application.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply here: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=ac3db27c-a187-40fa-b974-0902020e297a&sid=dGhldGlkZXM%3D&jobId=222057&lang=en_US&source=CC3