520 8th Avenue
Selfhelp Community Services is seeking a Social Worker MSW to work in Brooklyn.
- Provide case management services to geriatric clients in a residential setting.
- Assess the social, emotional, and environmental needs of the clients on an ongoing basis.
- Assist clients with applying and recertifying for entitlements and other benefits.
- Refer clients to appropriate services based on their identified needs
- Advocate on the client’s behalf with external agencies
- Monitor client’s cases and have ongoing contact with client’s and their collateral contacts
- Plan, organize, and facilitate social and educational groups for the clients.
- Complete intake documentation and ongoing documentation for clients.
- Maintain detailed progress notes
- Complete initial assessment and semi-annual comprehensive assessment for clients
- Prepare and maintain monthly statistics
- Other Duties as assigned by Supervisor
MSW in Social Work required; human services experience in the field of aging preferred.
Bi-lingual Russian or Spanish speaking preferred
NYS license and registration to practice as a Licensed Master Social Worker in NYS preferred
Must be able to attend meetings and other out of office functions
Valid driver’s license, car registration and automobile insurance as applicable.
Able to perform data entry. Must be computer literate with basic skills in Microsoft Word and Excel
Knowledge of computer databases desireable.
Please apply online at www.selfhelp.net and attach a copy of your resume after completing the application. EOE
Minimum Education Required