1000 West Fulton Market
World Bicycle Relief (WBR) mobilizes people through the Power of Bicycles. We envision a world where distance is no longer a barrier to education, healthcare and economic opportunity. Our robust Buffalo Bicycles are a cost-effective and reliable means of overcoming the challenges posed by long distances in the developing world.
We are a global not-for-profit (NFP) that manages a highly refined bicycle supply chain from design through final distribution. We also work collaboratively with other non-profits—our field partners—to design, implement, and test large-scale bicycle programs. Funding for these activities comes from individuals, foundations, corporations and subgrantee government funding / bilateral and multilateral funding.
We have an innovative corporate structure with a wholly owned social enterprise subsidiary that sells our Buffalo Bicycles to individuals and other non-profits. This structure enables us to diversify our funding and magnify the impact of donations; reduces unit costs through greater scale; sharpens our focus on the end-users’ needs; and works in harmony rather than in conflict with local economies.
World Bicycle Relief is a registered NFP in the USA, Canada, UK, Germany and Australia. Since inception, WBR has direct deliveries into 20 developing countries, and has assembly facilities in Angola, Kenya, Malawi, Zambia, and Zimbabwe.
We have grown rapidly since our founding in 2005. We plan to continue to grow at a high rate and we remain firmly committed to our core values: integrity, teamwork and humility. Our culture is extremely collaborative and entrepreneurial. We expect everyone to roll up their sleeves and get involved—at the high level as well as the nitty-gritty, daily tasks.
About the Role:
As the full stack Web Developer, you will support and maintain website development to deliver strong user experiences that integrate well with our online platforms, backend systems, analytics, and enhance our brand reputation.
You will be a key player within our global marketing team. You will assist with creative campaign execution, content curation and distribution, analytics, and supporting our communications strategy. You will serve as a technology advisor, as well as project manager - leading website research, recommendations and execution of technology upgrades as appropriate, focusing on design and UI/UX.
You will be an advocate for industry best practices and for the online experience of the end user.
- Maintaining and improving design, functionality and UX of existing World Bicycle Relief websites.
- Developing a roadmap for a 2018 website upgrade.
- Building back-end integrations– setting up models, controllers, and views; configuring routes.
- Writing and executing database migrations.
- Writing tests to cover new functionality and refactor code to cover existing content.
- Ensuring multiple online donation platforms work with CRM platforms.
- Designing and developing front-end programming for landing pages.
- Supporting the development and execution of website strategy in an effort to increase online engagement, donations, and memberships.
- Coordinating with marketing team and organizational stakeholders to execute web-based projects.
- Developing and managing online event forms, electronic invitations, and online donation forms.
- Using Google Analytics and other tools to provide metrics reports.
- Identifying ways to improve metrics through code and testing (specifically A/B testing).
- Building and improving HTML email templates.
- A minimum of 5 years web development experience.
- A portfolio with relevant front-end and back-end development projects that you’ve led.
- Experience with PHP and MySQL, including WordPress or other PHP-based content management systems.
- Experience in ReactJS and other JS Frameworks.
- Experience building responsive designs including media queries and Bootstrap, etc.
- Experience with multi-site architecture and/or administration of global websites.
- Practical project management skills.
- Proficiency with Photoshop, Illustrator, and Sketch.
- Preferred experience with JSON, and WordPress REST API.
- Preferred experience with Heroku and app development, specifically external APIs.
- Preferred experience working with GitHub and command line tools. Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- A collaborative team member who thrives in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines and multiple initiatives.
- Understanding of and committed to advancing the mission and core values of World Bicycle Relief.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please visit: https://rew31.ultipro.com/SRA1000/JobBoard/NewCandidateExt.aspx?__JobID=522.