100 North 20th Street
This role will oversee the management of our social media channels, monitor social media conversations, train content producers and managers on social media best practices, support how we publish and engage our internal and external audiences through social media and manage analytics and reporting. As part of the digital experience, this role will provide counsel and support on PHS key strategies and initiatives and infuse digital thinking into communication methods throughout the organization. This role will partner closely with the teams that support media and public relations, brand, promotions, print creative, organizational leaders and experts, corporate sponsors and program managers.
You should have command of best practices and trends in social media marketing, enjoy being creative, and understand how to both build and convert a digital audience.
- Build and manage PHS’s social media profiles and presence, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and potentially additional channels (Snapchat, Pinterest, etc.).
- Create shareable content appropriate for specific networks to spread our thought leadership, brand content, and promotions.
- Listen and engage in relevant social discussion about our organization, competitors, and/or industry, both from existing and new audiences.
- Run and schedule regular social promotions and campaigns and track their success.
- Work alongside other marketers and content producers to help distribute content that educates and engages our audience.
- Drive consistent, relevant traffic and leads from our social network presence.
- Organize ad creative assets for all social channels.
- Support implementation of the marketing and communications strategy.
- Work closely with the Marketing and Communications teams to strategize use of social media to engage target audiences.
- Manage timelines, content calendar, and collaborate with other teams to project manage content development
- Review content changes to ensure consistency and accuracy
- Bring innovation to the social communications effort
- Trending – Get people talking/sharing our messaging.
- Spread the word in a dynamic way that will transcend social media.
- Act as Content Curator
- Grow PHS audiences by developing engaging content that leverages the programs and attributes of PHS.
- Target multiple brands for quarterly cross promotional meetings
- Use social media for “research” to test ideas and campaigns.
- Provide content for Social Media page in PHS GROW magazine.
- Monitor industry trends in website best practices, including the use of social technology and other technologies that emerge for internal/external communications
- Maintain Social Media Accounts
- Customer Service
- Answer inquiries in an appropriate and timely manner
- Provide consistent and timely moderation and engagement with our fans/followers.
- Analyze social media progression by working with internal and external teams to create “metrics” for success and monthly reporting.
- Number of followers/fans
- Post likes (Positive/ Negative feedback, Favored Tweets, Retweets, Videos Likes and Photo likes)
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent work experience
- At least 2 years of social media experience in an established organization
- Tracking and scheduling software
- Proficient with basic computer software, including Microsoft Office suite.
- Experience with video production and photography a plus
- Adobe Creative Suite experience preferred
- Excellent writing skills
- Skilled in external link building and internal link optimization
- Content creation and distribution
- Strong verbal and presentation skills.
- Ability to think and plan strategically
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including some weekends and weeknights.
- Ability to take direction and work independently with little supervision
EXPECTATIONS FOR ALL PHS TEAM MEMBERS
- Participate in PHS events throughout the year
- Remain current with organization information and changes
- Promote the work of PHS Programs locally, regionally, and nationally.
- Comply with the organization’s policies and procedures
- Promote and applies teamwork skills
- Execute emergency procedures in accordance with organizational standards
- Comply with safety regulations and procedures
- Attend appropriate meetings and training sessions
- Use sustainable practices whenever possible
- Other duties as assigned
This role requires prolonged sitting, the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary. Ability to walk for extended time if needed, and lift maximum of 20 pounds. Most of the following physical demands are required during the annual Philadelphia Flower Show.
PHS offers a competitive salary and benefits package
PHS is an equal opportunity employer
• Ability to work flexible hours as needed.
Minimum Education Required