The Floating Administrative Assistant will serve as support to a variety of departments when called upon. When not needed to assist other departments/teams, they will function as an Administrative Assistant in the main Administration office. The responsibilities will include but are not limited to providing front desk coverage both answering general calls and greeting visitors to the Administrative office; assisting with our document retention efforts; coordinating office supplies, copiers, postage meters and other administrative related equipment and supplies; and other support as needed to the Executive and Senior Management Team. As needed, this role will also provide general support across the organization in departments such as; Advancement, Finance, Human Resources, Legal, and Residential. The duties performed in this administrative capacity will vary based on the business demands, so it will be imperative that the incumbent will be adaptive and self-directed. All responsibilities are implemented according to WAA’s mission and values and according to Agency standards, including the Sanctuary Model ®.
- An Associate’s degree preferred, a minimum of a HS diploma or GED required.
- A minimum 1 year office support, administrative, or similar experience required for those with an Associate’s degree. Without Associates a minimum of 5 years office support, administrative, or similar experience required.
- Intermediate Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.) skills required.
- Experience working in human services or related organization, preferred.
- Ability to lift heavy objects, such as files and supplies (generally not exceeding 30 pounds) required.
- Proficient communication skills, both verbal and written required.
- Demonstrated ability to plan projects and follow through to completion is required.
- Demonstrated ability to organize time and detail, including keeping of records, is required.
- Demonstrated proficiency in communication, both verbal and written is required.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a team member is required.
- Demonstrated commitment to service of others is required.
- Previous experience in a non-profit is preferred. Some experience in working on domestic violence issues is strongly preferred.
- Must satisfactorily pass criminal (state & FBI) and child abuse clearances and must attend 40 hours of Domestic Violence Training.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are dedicated to promoting diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We strongly encourage candidates of color, LGBTQIA communities, veterans, and people with disabilities to apply.
A very comprehensive and competitive benefits package
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
For consideration, please send your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to Human Resources: firstname.lastname@example.org.