292 Newbury Street
About the Learning by Giving Foundation
The Learning by Giving Foundation (LxG), a Massachusetts nonprofit corporation and private foundation seeks a motivated and passionate individual to join its small team as Manager of External Relations and Partnerships. LxG inspires the next generation of leaders around the country to thoughtfully and effectively give their time, talent, and treasure back to their communities. For the past 15 years, LxG has provided a platform for undergraduate students around the country to learn and practice effective philanthropy. The 2018-2019 academic year serves as LxG’s 15thanniversary, the Foundation is poised for significant growth. The Manager of External Relations and Partnerships will serve as a strategic thought-partner to the ED, board, and other key stakeholders on the Foundation’s efforts to expand its brand-recognition and fundraising over the next few years.
About the Role
The Manager of External Relations and Partnerships will manage the initiatives, partnerships, and technology platforms to support LxG’s growth. He/she will also serve as a key external face of the Foundation in Boston and around the country. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, with demonstrated experience managing partnerships, raising funds for an organization, and leveraging technology to connect and motivate individuals around a common purpose. The ideal candidate will have experience raising funds for a “macro” organization (e.g., a platform or convener) and will be based in Boston, MA, although strong candidates in other parts of the continental US will be considered.
Primary responsibilities will include:
Fundraising & Partnerships:
· In collaboration with the ED, develop annual fundraising targets to support the Foundation’s growth;
· In collaboration with the ED, manage existing and new partnerships; design audience-specific stewardship plans;
· Support the ED in identifying, cultivating, and securing new local and national donors;
· Draft proposals and pitches for foundations, corporations and individuals as appropriate;
· Support the 35+ LxG college faculty in their fundraising efforts for their classes; and
· In collaboration with the Director of Academic Programs, pursue and disseminate the impact of LxG on students.
Alumni and Emerging Leaders:
· Manage and grow the New England Emerging Leaders Council, collaborating with volunteer co-chairs to ensure the success of the Council’s initiatives annually;
· Implement the Emerging Leaders initiative in New England, while designing systems and structure for replication in other geographic areas; and
· Implement a pilot Collective Giving Group effort that draws on LxG student alumni and other emerging leaders, while designing systems and structure for replication and growth as appropriate.
Marketing & Branding:
· Ensure the consistency of LxG’s brand across internal and external materials;
· Provide oversight to the communication platforms, including regularly updateing the LxG website and social media;
· Support the execution of LxG’s PR efforts through traditional and new channels;
· Manage the LxG blog; and
· Create and execute new and innovative ways to promote LxG’s work, the work of the faculty, and the impact of LxG on students.
Growth and Impact:
· In conjunction with the ED and in line with the Foundation’s growth strategy, develop and implement innovative partnerships to bring the LxG model “beyond the classroom walls” of the traditional classroom;
· In collaboration with outside consultants, oversee the building and management of all current and future web platforms including the website and a newly-developed engagement app for students, faculty, and emerging leaders; and
· Provide administrative support to LxG’s fundraising and friend-raising efforts, including but not limited to the development and implementation of a database.
While the above is intended to describe the general nature and level of work for this position, it is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this role. Salary will be commensurate with experience and LxG provides a competitive benefits package. The Learning by Giving Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Women, LGBTQ, and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
Interested applicants should email their resume and a cover letter addressed to Amy Kingman and detailing their interest and qualifications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Minimum Education Required