501 Kings Highway East
The Manager of Website Production will support new and existing unrestricted fundraising initiatives by creating, curating, managing, editing and publishing web content on the Save the Children external web sites. Content types include new and existing web pages, donation forms, gift catalog products, advocacy campaigns and event registration setup. Project management of requests, direct communication with agency personnel to gather information, report status and request deliverables review will be necessary to ensure client expectations are achieved and needs are met. Deep knowledge in modern website best practices, performance and user engagement techniques a must.
What You’ll Be Doing (Essential Duties)
- Create, edit, publish and QA web content using Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) Content Management System and HTML editor on the Save the Children websites. Ensure that copy is proofread for typos and that pages follow web content standards for responsive platform-independent website design, formatting and optimal user engagement, including content comprehension, image choice, alt-tags, photo captions, links, html tags, and other page elements. 45%
- Follow work allocation process for tasks and projects that are assigned through a project management system. Ensure projects are completed as specified, and carefully monitor client expectations for deliverables. 40%
- Support digital storytelling, writing and content needs of the department. Ensure that content is produced in an accessible, brand-consistent way that promotes our work in a compelling, engaging and accurate manner, inspires people to take action and to share with others, while incorporating Search Engine Optimization (SEO) best practices. 5%
- Available and on call during emergency responses. May require night or weekend work. 5%
- Other duties as assigned. 5%
- You have a minimum 3-5 years' experience coding HTML within content management systems, especially Blackbaud.
- High School or Technical/Vocational Degree
- Efficiency with attention to detail is required to ensure speed to market of jobs with deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients / project stakeholders and vendors, both internal and external, in a courteous, professional manner.
- Candidate must be available to work extra hours during the week when necessary and on weekends during declared humanitarian emergencies or seasonally busy times to support events or campaigns.
- Bachelor of Art or Bachelor of Science in a relevant field
- AEM experience
Save the Children believes every child deserves a future. In the United States and around the world, we give children a healthy start in life, the opportunity to learn and protection from harm. We do whatever it takes for children – every day and in times of crisis – transforming their lives and the future we share.
Save the Children is committed to conducting its programs and operations in a manner that is safe for the children it serves and helping protect the children with whom Save the Children is in contact. All Save the Children representatives are explicitly prohibited
from engaging in any activity that may result in any kind of child abuse. In addition, it is Save the Children’s policy to create and proactively maintain an environment that aims to prevent and deter any actions and omissions, whether deliberate or inadvertent, that place children at the risk of any kind of child abuse. All our representatives are expected to conduct themselves in a manner consistent with this commitment and obligation. Any violations of this policy will be treated as a serious issue.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. Save the Children complies with all applicable laws.
What’s In It for You
- Meaningful work, with a knowledge that you are changing the lives of children all around the world
- A family friendly work environment
- Highly collaborative and innovative teams
- Generous paid vacation days, holidays, family leave days, and sick time
- Healthcare plans including medical, dental, and life insurance
- Retirement savings account with matching company contributions
- Structured and formalized management development and coaching programs for mid and senior level managers
- Extensive e-learning opportunities on a variety of topics offered through our affiliation with several prestigious universities as well as language learning opportunities
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply