Middle School Math Teacher - $5000 Signing Bonus
- Job posted by Hebrew Public Charter Schools for Global Citizens
2186 Mill Ave
About the Organization:
Hebrew Public Charter Schools for Global Citizens
Hebrew Public a national network of diverse-by-design public charter schools that teach children of all backgrounds to become productive global citizens. Our schools are models of racial and economic integration, academic excellence, and foreign language learning.
About the Position:
Join an exciting community of educators and social change makers who are passionate about global education and are committed to improved student learning and outcomes. We select individuals who share our vision and are willing to put in the hard work to achieve it. We are seeking a driven Middle School Math Teacher for the 2018-2019 school year that operates with a high sense of urgency and possesses a strong work ethic. Candidates for this position do NOT need to speak Hebrew. We are offering a $5000 signing bonus for the candidate whom we hire for this role.
- Build a classroom culture in which students love math
- Provide clear and consistently high-quality math instruction for all students
- Create instructional lesson plans and classroom activities that contribute to a climate where students are actively engaged in a meaningful learning experience
- Manage and support an organized and professional classroom that is conducive to learning.
- Implement instructional strategies and resources that are aligned with the rigor of the Common Core to meet the needs of all students, including those with varying backgrounds, learning styles and special needs
- Motivate students to think critically and take ownership over their own learning
- Drive academic outcomes by analyzing student work and studying data, and implementing high-leverage instructional moves to ensure dramatic gains for all students
- Support student and school needs in preparing to be successful on the NYS State Exam
- Develop strong relationships with parents and students to create investment in school culture and academics
- Maintain effective and efficient data gathering procedures
- Meet professional obligations through efficient work habits such as: meeting deadlines, honoring schedules and collaborating effectively with co-teachers and colleagues
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution is required; Masters degree preferred
- A minimum of 2 years teaching experience is required; experience in an urban school setting in which the students were selected by lottery and not by entrance exam or by discretionary criteria is preferred
- Hold NYS certification in content area or working towards certification is preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Passionate about teaching and learning your subject area
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Salary and benefits will be highly competitive and commensurate with experience.
QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS, PLEASE APPLY:
To be considered, interested applicants must submit a resume and detailed cover letter to Talent and Recruitment: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hebrew Public is committed to building a diverse team that reflects the communities we serve. Candidates of color and those from backgrounds that are underrepresented in school leadership roles are particularly encouraged to apply.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required