3002 Fort Hamilton Pkwy
Brooklyn Prospect Charter School is seeking a Registrar to join our Windsor Terrace High School Team!
This is an ideal position for someone who is excited about the charter movement and has a working background in educational settings.
About the Position:
Brooklyn Prospect Charter School is a K-12 college preparatory community where excellent teachers prepare a diverse student body to have a positive impact on society and a lifelong passion for learning.
Our Core Values are:
- Curiosity: Develop sound judgment and intellect by asking questions confidently and thinking critically
- Respect: Value others by taking a local and global perspective and appreciating differences
- Persistence: Grow and learn by solving problems with determination, creativity and tenacity
- Passion: Succeed by approaching challenges with excitement, enthusiasm and self assurance
As part of the Brooklyn Prospect Team, you will enjoy a full-time position with a competitive salary, full medical, dental, and vision benefits, 401(k) with employer match, as well as working in a supportive and collaborative environment.
We are a growing organization and opportunities for development and success are readily available.
Check out our most recent updates: BPCS News
Reporting to the High School Head of Operations, the Registrar will help keep the academic and personal success of our students as a core focus, while striving to grow professionally and support a positive school community.
As Registrar, you will be entrusted to lead:
- Manage initial and ongoing student enrollment, including tracking of enrollment paperwork and health forms, ensuring rosters are accurate, ensuring records from prior school are transferred
- Oversee collection and review of immunization records and ensure compliance with the Dept. of Health
- Process meal eligibility paperwork and track internally, conduct annual income verifications as required, and ensure compliance with all other NYS Child Nutrition Program records requirements
- Maintain comprehensive student demographic data and provide reports as requested
- Issue student working papers, student verification letters as needed
Student Records Maintenance
- Create and maintain physical student files, following up on missing paperwork as needed to ensure complete records
- Fulfill requests for records from transfer schools, and receive records from students’ prior schools to be merged with current records
- Communicate with various faculty members, departments and administration with regard to pertinent updates to student information
Student Information Systems Management
- Serve as gatekeeper for information database and keep all student and family info current, including demographic, IEP, emergency contact, medical alerts, meal status, etc.
- Build annual bell schedule (for MS/HS), including course and section creations, managing student course requests, and creation of student and faculty schedules, and make adjustments as needed
- Ensure that ATS data is consistently accurate and current
- Perform regular and end-of-year system tasks such as list noticing and roll-over of students, roster creation, updating meal eligibility and immunization records, and reporting attendance, assessment and credit information
- Create internal reports on academic performance and test scores
- NYSED’s TSDL (spring) and BEDS (fall)
- SUNY cohort data workbooks (spring/fall)
- Other SUNY (authorizer) and NYSED (state) required annual data reporting (i.e. Annual Report, PD data, L2RPT, VADIR)
- Other data reporting as determined by academic program needs
- As part of a young organization, contribute toward the development of standard operating procedures in all areas of influence, and continue to find new ways to improve quality and efficiency
- Assist with other projects/duties as needed, and provide general support of the BPCS mission in whatever way possible
Benefits and Compensation:
- $45-50k, salary
- Full medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401(k) with employer match
- Year-round position with generous paid vacation time
Level of Language Proficiency
- Very strong organizational skills
- Very strong attention to detail
- Desire to learn and learns quickly
- At least 1-2 years working experience in a relevant field; Experience in a school environment ideal
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Database experience required; familiarity with ATS, other SIS a plus
- Takes initiative
- Collaborative spirit and skill
- Good communication skills
- Strong work ethic
- Fluency in Spanish a plus
- Ability to adapt in a dynamic environment
**The critical features of this job are described above; they may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested candidates must apply online and include a resume. Applications will be reviewed as received.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications, we will only be able to notify those who meet our selection criteria.
Brooklyn Prospect is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes candidates of diverse backgrounds.