District of Columbia
TITLE: Contract Grant Writer REPORTS TO: Executive Director
ORGANIZATION: Access Youth is a non-profit organization that provides at-risk youth with access to the skills, resources and support they need to stay in school and out of the criminal justice system. We are committed to curbing the school-to-prison pipeline through mediation and restorative-justice-based early interventions at three points: when students exhibit truancy, when students’ in-school behavior puts them at risk for suspension, and when they are arrested for first-time, low-level offenses.
PURPOSE: Access Youth is seeking a highly experienced professional to manage its grants program, including researching, writing, and submitting grants for a variety of institutional funding opportunities, helping Access Youth raise $350K - $500K in corporate and foundation revenue annually as part of its $1.2M budget.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This is an independent contract position 25 to 35 hours monthly and an hourly pay rate of $50 to $75 per hour. Work will be completed remotely through email and phone communications. Key responsibilities include:
● Researching, organizing and writing grant proposals to public and private funding agencies;
● Writing and submit grant proposal and progress reports;
● Drafting reports for institutional donors;
● Researching, identifying, and assessing new foundation and corporate funding opportunities.
● Maintaining grants calendar;
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND QUALIFICATIONS
● A strong understanding of nonprofits and ability to absorb and articulate mission and programs
● Demonstrated ability to craft compelling funding proposals
● Demonstrated track record of managing a grants process
● History of securing institutional funding
● Attention to detail and accuracy
● Self-motivated and highly organized
● Solid understanding of budgets as they relate to proposals and grants
Access Youth provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Access Youth complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Minimum Education Required