GREENLIGHT FUND BAY AREA ------------------------------------------------------
Who we are:
GreenLight Fund Bay Area is one of seven cities among the growing, national 501(c)(3) GreenLight Fund venture philanthropy network. Founded in 2004, the GreenLight Fund collectively reaches 60,000 children, youth, and families annually across the country.
What we do:
GreenLight Fund Bay Area runs an annual process to identify critical gaps and programming needs pertaining to low-income children and families; choose and invest in an innovative, high-performing organization that has significant, proven social impact outcomes; and galvanize local and national support across sectors to achieve sustainability and scale.
Who is involved:
GreenLight Fund Bay Area launched in 2012 and has one full-time local Executive Director. An advisory council composed of community, industry, entrepreneurial, and philanthropic leaders provide guidance and support. GreenLight Fund’s national office supports growth, operations, and portfolio management across a growing number of U.S. sites.
Learn more online: www.greenlightfund.org/sites/bay-area
What we’re looking for:
Seeking an entrepreneurial, organized, and research-focused Associate who works independently and has a passion for equity and economic mobility for low-income children and families in the Bay Area. Must thrive in start-up culture, be energized to build value from the ground-up, learn quickly, and communicate well. Must bring personality and perspective to work on complex issues while also being a great teammate.
The Associate will lead and support a diverse array of activities, ranging from research and due diligence on key local issues and prospective portfolio organizations, to event management and strategic communications. This position will report to the Executive Director of GreenLight Fund Bay Area, and work collaboratively across the GreenLight Fund national network of sites.
Research and Due Diligence
· Research current, relevant Bay Area issues and priorities among low-income families
· Perform local landscape analysis including research, data evaluation, and attending meetings with relevant local leaders with Executive Director
· Conduct due diligence on prospective 501(c)(3) portfolio organizations, including financial analysis, and impact assessments
· Record, synthesize, and produce reports and briefs based on analysis
· Conduct broad research on field trends and national context
· Maintain internal management, data, and reporting systems (Salesforce and Box)
Communications and Fundraising
· Support stakeholder outreach, donor cultivation, engagement, and stewardship
· Conduct prospect research on potential Bay Area donors, including individuals, corporations, and foundations
· Lead planning and execution of annual fundraising gala, showcasing our newest portfolio organization and impact
· Write grant proposals, requests, reports, and end of year asks
· Create a communications plan and execute plan across all channels (Mailchimp, Facebook, Twitter)
· Maintain Salesforce database
Operations and Administration
· Prepare agenda and presentation materials for advisory council meetings
· Establish local office and related operations, including site expenses
· Work across national sites to identify effective internal practices to implement locally
· Assist with scheduling and follow-up of key meetings and site visits
· Recruit and oversee interns and fellows, as needed
Culture and More
· Share additional talents and input for continuous improvement
· Help create norms, standards, and brand locally
· Identify other personal growth areas to integrate with the role
· Travel to 2 national meetings per year (hosted by a GreenLight site) and approx. three site visits per year
· Bring joy to your work and the team!
Bachelor’s degree or working towards a degree in a relevant field, including 2-3 years of relevant experience. Must have a deep commitment to understanding issues faced by residents in low-income, urban communities. Excellent research, writing, and organizational skills are mandatory.
Seeking applications now through TBD. To apply, please submit a 1-page cover letter and 1-page resume as a single pdf attachment (filename: LastName_FirstName.pdf) via email to firstname.lastname@example.org (subject line: “Bay Area Associate”). Please do not call for inquiries and not all applicants will receive a personal email response.
This is a full-time, permanent position based in Oakland, California. A compensation package including base salary and full benefits is available. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. GreenLight Fund is an equal opportunity employer.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please refer to the above job description for application instructions.