Scope out and assess new funding opportunities for the Medair Jordan programme. Responsible for coordinating and facilitating the programme teams to prepare proposals and reports for submission to institutional and private donors as well as write proposals directly; maintain appropriate information systems; track the internal progress of proposals and reports; research new funding sources and support the Deputy/Country Director in donor relationship management when required. Also responsible for providing strategic support and review of all aspects of Medair’s proposals and reports, including indicator tracking, kick-off and lessons learned meetings and engagement with Medair GSO (Global Support Office). The role will also be responsible for fulfilling the functions of the former Communications Officer role, which was made redundant for cost savings purposes. The PFM will also support the Regional Communications Manager (RCM) in their efforts to generate awareness and support (including financial) for Medair’s work in Jordan, with a focus on both local and international audiences, and foundations/institutional donors outside of Jordan.
Medair has been operational in Jordan in response to the Syrian crisis since 2012. Medair operates in the areas of health, social protection and MHPSS programming and adopts a One Refugee approach, targeting both Syrian and non-Syrian refugees as well as vulnerable Jordanians residing in Amman, Mafraq, Irbid and Zarqa.
Workplace & Conditions
Field based position in Amman, Jordan.
Starting Date & Initial Contract Details
June 2021. Full time, 12 months.
Key Activity Areas
Donors Relations Management
- Support the Deputy/Country Director in developing and maintaining efficient donor relations with the representatives of relevant funding partners to secure funding for the country programme.
- Keeping up to date with trends and analyse institutional donor funding opportunities for Jordan and advise senior management on strategic funding decisions. Represent Medair at country-level meetings with donors.
- Coordinate and facilitate the drafting and presentation of all proposals, operational and financial reports related to the Jordan programme, in collaboration with other relevant staff members.
- Prepare and manage timelines for preparing proposal and report submissions. Provide templates, guidelines and donor-specific advice to ensure that all involved staff members are aware of their needed contributions.
- Work with the Country Director on the implementation of a logical, & sustainable country strategy plan.
- Coordinate and track institutional and private donor proposals and reports, managed by the Country Director and in consultation with other senior field managers, GSO staff and the Head of Country Programmes (HCP).
- Provide compliance advisory support to programme and finance team members to avoid negative audit findings; be instrumental in response to audit findings in the coordination of improvements within teams.
- Maintain an overview of the assigned programme’s relationships with, and funding from, Medair’s key institutional donors; providing analysis and information to senior management where necessary.
- In collaboration with Project Managers and the MEAL/IM Manager; assess adherence to targets (financial and beneficiary) on a monthly basis, reporting any areas of concern to the Deputy Country Director.
- Maintain appropriate information systems including contract tracking, reporting schedules, revising Medair Jordan’s box structure, portfolio project and grant cards and other donor-specific data.
- Responsible for advising on project implementation to meet institutional donor requirements.
- Ensuring that applications and reports are produced to a high standard, comply with donor guidelines, deadlines, contracts, and other donor needs and requests.
- Gather and prepare fundraising materials (e.g., gift handles, direct marketing resources, thank-you videos, stories) according to targets set by Regional Communications Manager (RCM).
- Work closely with the RCM to gather specific resources for GSO initiatives and projects, the year-end campaign, events, or fundraising pushes.
- Prepare, organise, and lead field visits of visitors, photographers, journalists, or media crews.
- Establish and maintain service contracts with local photographers, journalists, and videographers.
- Proactively liaise with local, regional, national and international media in Jordan, to form strong relationships and build Medair’s positive image locally.
- Assist Medair staff on institutional donor and Medair visibility budgets, conditions, and requirements, developing a communications plan for each project in coordination with programme staff.
- Other communications related tasks as deemed necessary by line manager.
Team Spiritual Life
- Reflect the values of Medair with team members, local staff, beneficiaries, and external contacts.
- Work, live, and pray together in our Christian faith-based team settings. Fully contribute to the rich spiritual life of your team, including team devotions, prayers, and words of encouragement.
- Encouraged to join and contribute to Medair’s international prayer network.
This job description covers the main tasks that are anticipated. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary.
- University degree in a relevant subject such as Charity Management, Management Development Studies, Business Administration, International Development or another relevant technical subject.
- Strong working knowledge of English (spoken and written).