The Associate Director for Talent Management is responsible for assisting the Chief Human Resources Officer (CHRO) and other departmental managers in the delivery of exceptional human resources services in support of Trinity Church Wall Street’s vision, mission and values. This position works within the human resource team to execute a talent management strategy to ensure Trinity recruits, develops, and retains top talent..
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in managing the recruitment process to ensure the acquisition of top caliber applicants and ensure all levels of staffing needs are met.
- Develop and update job descriptions, approvals of replacements, promotions, raises, etc.
- Recruit full and part-time staff, including preparation of job descriptions and job postings, interviewing, and following through on selection with managers.
- Assist in analyzing recruitment trends regarding candidate and hiring sources in order to develop recruitment strategies.
- Works closely with the CHRO in discussions and follow-up with managers and executives on department restructuring and job design.
- Ensures that all approved job actions (new positions, promotions, job upgrades, and job eliminations) are processed and correctly recorded in the HR database and payroll system.
- In conjunction with the CHRO and HR Director, provide support with employee relations matters. including managing investigations involving misconduct, working with managers and employees to address unacceptable performance, mediating disputes between co-workers, supervisors, or management, and more. Make recommendations on disciplinary action for misconduct and unacceptable performance.
- Conduct 90-day onboarding and exit interviews; Synthesize and analyze results of these interviews and utilize them to develop proposals to address issues.
- Coach managers and employees, as appropriate on employee relations practices and strategies. Develop, propose, and implement plans to address issues.
- Conducts exit interviews with exiting staff and analyze exit interview trends and make recommendations for changes based on feedback.
- Coordinate the details of Trinity’s Total Rewards program, to include but be not limited to wellness initiatives; wage and labor; compliance; and other related programs and strategies.
- Work with brokers, partners and others to conduct market analysis and surveys for total rewards program components; recommend and implement approved changes and program improvements to ensure offerings are market competitive, cost-effective, and motivating to staff.
- Develop communication plans and materials for total rewards programs
- In partnership with the CHRO, regularly evaluate core HR functions and provide recommended processes and improvements, as indicated.
- Actively participate in implementation of the group’s Human Resources guidelines and policies.
- Adhere to confidentiality rules and all other Trinity Wall Street policies, procedures and rules.
- Perform all duties in a manner that promote Trinity’s mission and core values.
- Assumes other related responsibilities and special projects as required.
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Excellent communication skills
- Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated customer service mindset and skill set.
- Demonstrated Human Resources generalist knowledge required, specifically including employment law and benefits.
- Solid understanding of federal, state and city labor laws including FLSA, FMLA, COBRA, EEO, AAP, ADA, ACA, immigration and workplace safety.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a rapidly changing, multi-cultural work environment.
- Ability to manage confidential information imperative, including influencing others to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Skilled at multi-tasking; able to coordinate, organize, prioritize and execute responsibilities in the face of conflicting priorities and unexpected situations.
- Fluency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint); strong working knowledge of HRIS systems.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Effective verbal and written communications skills a must.
- Strong work ethic.
- High level of discretion.
Required Education, Experience, and Credentials:
- Bachelor’s degree;
- 8-10 years of human resources experience, with specialization in talent managements and experience in range of HR issues and programs.
Trinity Church Wall Street offers competitive wages, and eligible team members receive a rich collection of benefits, programs, and perks including:
- Excellent group health coverage with Trinity-paid premiums
- Life insurance and Trinity-paid short- and long-term disability coverage
- A retirement savings plan with institution match after 3 months of employment
- Paid vacation, personal, and sick time
- Paid holidays
- Employee events, wellness programs, professional development, and training opportunities
- Undergraduate tuition assistance
- Summer flex schedule (in some departments)
- Employee discounts and NYC attraction passes
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please follow this link https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=trinityws&jobId=216444&lang=en_US&source=CC3