BPC is currently seeking a Senior Policy Analyst to support the activities of the Early Childhood Initiative. The Initiative is focused on creating a more comprehensive and sustained approach to improving the quality of care for young children. We are actively engaged on a number of key issues including paid leave, financing of early care and education and parental engagement. The Senior Policy Analyst will report to Linda Smith, Director Early Childhood Initiative.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- In consultation with the project director, conduct research and analysis on public policy matters related to early care and education.
- Monitor federal and state fiscal and policy developments and trends.
- Plan and execute policy meetings, roundtables and information gathering sessions.
- Develop written policy and position statements and form federal, state and local policy recommendations with potential outcomes for considerations by BPC leadership.
- Develop project work plans and project work products, including reports, white papers, issue briefs, blogs, fact sheets, op-eds, and memos.
- Serve as liaison for partner outreach and relationship management with other early childhood national organizations, philanthropic groups and supportive stakeholders such as business and faith organizations.
- Participate in the public communication activities for the project, through podcasts, Facebook Live events and other venues
- Assist with fund development as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in early childhood, family studies or political science.
- 4+ years of relevant experience, preferably working with Congress, federal, or state legislative offices.
- Understanding of, or experience working with, national early childhood organizations, early childhood research institutions and groups with potential interest in the issue.
- Ability to interact with public policy makers at all levels of government, national and state stakeholders and the general public.
- Possess strong verbal and presentation skills as well as sound research and analytical skills.
- Understanding of current issues and the ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing
- Ability to multi-task on numerous projects, large and small, in both collaborative and independent situations
- Ability to work effectively in a small team environment
BPC offers a highly competitive salary and provides generous benefits. Individuals interested in this position should send resume, cover letter, writing sample, and three references. Please submit materials as one file. Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States. BPC does not sponsor employment visas.
BPC is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.