Compliance Associate for Content Management [ADMU-63], Office of Corporate Counsel, NY
- Job posted by American Civil Liberties Union
Compliance Associate for Content Management [ADMU-63]
American Civil Liberties Union
Office of Corporate Counsel, NY
For nearly 100 years, the ACLU has been our nation’s guardian of liberty, working in courts, legislatures, and communities to defend and preserve the individual rights and liberties guaranteed by the Constitution and laws of the United States. Whether it’s ending mass incarceration, achieving full equality for the LGBT community, establishing new privacy protections for our digital age, or preserving the right to vote or the right to have an abortion, the ACLU takes up the toughest civil liberties cases and issues to defend all people from government abuse and overreach. With more than a million members, activists, and supporters, the ACLU is a nationwide organization that fights tirelessly in all 50 states, Puerto Rico, and Washington, D.C., for the principle that every individual’s rights must be protected equally under the law, regardless of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, record of arrest or conviction.
The Office of Corporate Counsel, in the national office of the ACLU, seeks applications for the full-time position of Compliance Associate for Content Management. The position will report to the ACLU’s Corporate Counsel for Content Management. The position is based in New York City.
The In-House Corporate Counsel Office is responsible for internal legal matters affecting the ACLU’s national offices, which include over 500 employees, primarily in New York and the District of Columbia. The Office handles a broad range of matters including tax-exempt organization law issues, lobbying rules, corporate and regulatory filings; intellectual property and licensing issues, trademark protection, film and other media production; negotiating and drafting contracts; grant agreements; ethical and procedural rules impacting or relevant to the legal representation of clients; governance and compliance policies; and real estate matters.
The Compliance Associate will work closely with the attorneys in the Office of Corporate Counsel and with staff across the ACLU,
The Compliance Associate for Content Management will receive regular training and close supervision from the Corporate Counsel for Content Management in their daily work.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide assistance with a broad range of content procurement contracts, including drafting vendor agreements, licenses and releases
- Review and respond to permissions requests for reproduction of ACLU content
- Assist with planning and maintaining trademark portfolios
- Coordinate and communicate with outside counsel on intellectual property portfolio maintenance and other matters
- Gather and evaluate evidence and specimens of use
- Assist with review of watch notices
- Coordinate recordkeeping and reporting in connection with charitable sales promotions
- Draft correspondence and other materials as requested
- Support attorneys and staff in the Office of Corporate Counsel with other departmental matters as needed
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion within the workplace; a personal approach that values all individuals and respects differences in regards to race, ethnicity, age, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ability, and socio-economic circumstance
- Commitment to work collaboratively and respectfully toward resolving obstacles and/or conflicts.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 2 years of relevant administrative or paralegal work experience preferred.
- Excellent verbal and writing skills required.
- Must possess excellent attention to detail; interpersonal, organizational and time management skills; the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, and manage multiple projects simultaneously, often under strict deadlines.
- Experience working in a large organization of comparable complexity is preferred.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality in organizational matters.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
The ACLU offers a generous and comprehensive compensation and benefits package, commensurate with experience and within the parameters of the ACLU compensation scale.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send cover letter, resume and writing sample to HRJobsADMU@aclu.org. Reference [ADMU-63] in subject line.
Please indicate in your cover letter where you learned of this career opportunity.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
This job description provides a general but not comprehensive list of the essential responsibilities and qualifications required. It does not represent a contract of employment. The ACLU reserves the right to change the description and/or posting at any time without advance notice.
The Department of Education has determined that employment in this position at the ACLU does not qualify for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program.
ACLU is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. The ACLU encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, and veteran status.
The ACLU undertakes affirmative action strategies in its recruitment and employment efforts to assure that persons with disabilities have full opportunities for employment in all positions.
We encourage applicants with disabilities who may need accommodations in the application process to contact: email@example.com. Correspondence sent to this email address that is not related to requests for accommodations will not be reviewed. Applicants should follow the instructions above regarding how to apply.
The ACLU comprises two separate corporate entities, the American Civil Liberties Union and the ACLU Foundation. Both the American Civil Liberties Union and the ACLU Foundation are national organizations with the same overall mission, and share office space and employees. The ACLU has two separate corporate entities in order to do a broad range of work to protect civil liberties. This job posting refers collectively to the two organizations under the name “ACLU.”