Details: $17.50 per hour
1610 S. King Street
Title: Outreach and Recruitment Coordinator
Reports to: Refugee Resettlement Office (RRO), Executive Director
Program/Department: Micro-Enterprise Program
Compensation: Regular, Full-time Employment (35 hours per week)
Starting at $17.50 per hour, non-exempt position
Benefits included: Medical and dental insurance, retirement, and mileage reimbursement
The Refugee Resettlement Office:
The Diocese of Olympia, a part of the Episcopal Church, has been a presence in Western Washington for 75 years. The Diocese is comprised of 90 parishes and 15 social service missions, including the Refugee Resettlement Office (RRO). The RRO helps refugees and asylees' to achieve economic self-sufficiency. Our mission is accomplished through job placement activities and business development that promotes self-employment.
Job Summary (General Function):
The Outreach and Recruitment Coordinator is primarily responsible for making lasting connections in the refugee community in King County and recruiting refugees and immigrants who will benefit from the Refugee Resettlement Office’s loan fund and its matched savings programs. Additionally, the position is responsible for enrolling clients into the RRO’s loan program, creating business plans for potential borrowers, completing loan requests and executing follow up financial literacy training workshops for refugee clients.
Knowledge and Skills:
· Demonstrates the ability to actively participate in community outreach and engagement with the public, specifically have connections within the Ukraine, Russian or Somali communities.
· Demonstrates the ability to work with a variety of clientele with varied ethnic backgrounds, cultures, and languages.
· Demonstrates the ability to create business plans, cash flow charts, financial statements and other business documents.
· Ability to teach in informal environments and lead seminars as they relate to basic financial and business planning.
· Working knowledge of computer software programs, such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Down Home Solutions Software or similar client management database software.
· Ability read, write and speak English, and ability to speak Russian, Ukrainian or Somali preferred.
Organization Specific Qualifications:
· Available to work a flexible and occasionally extended work week schedule, including some evenings and/or additional workdays.
· Onsite attendance is essential to perform the duties of this position.
· Must possess a valid Washington State driver’s license and an acceptable driving record.
· Customer service/client driven focus with a positive, collaborative, solution-based attitude that stays within and upholds the Refugee Resettlement Office’s policies and procedures.
Essential Job Functions:
· Engage in extensive outreach and marketing efforts to recruit qualified refugees to open a home-based daycare business and to participate in Individual Development Account (IDA) programs to save for a home, a business, vehicle or education, or need business loans.
· Coach clients in basic financial literacy, financial training workshops, and maintaining a personal and/or business budget.
· Assist the Director in developing and creating business plans for loan applicants to strengthen or begin the clients’ new business.
· Enroll clients, create client business plans, cash flow charts, financial statements, and other documents that demonstrate business viability.
· Meet regularly with clients to assess progress in childcare business applications, IDA savings or business loan requests.
· Learn Department of Early Learning’s current regulations for home-based family childcare, current forms and orientations, the MERIT database, and the Childcare Check database.
· Ensure that clients comply with program requirements and financial assistance.
· Regularly audit childcare training classes to ensure program goals are met and client attendance is counted.
· Provide site visits to refugee childcare business sites to ensure that they comply with enrollment requirements and are prepared for state inspection (DEL).
· Build and develop collaborative relationships with partnering agencies.
· Utilize Down Home Solutions Loan Management Software to track and manage clients.
· Attend meetings and/or conferences with partnering agencies and grantors as assigned.
· Manage confidential and sensitive information.
· Perform other duties as assigned by the Director.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Medical and dental insurance, retirement, and mileage reimbursement.
Level of Language Proficiency
A minimum of 1-2 years of college experience with an Associates degree in a similar field. Will accept 2 or 3 years of professional work-related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience in lieu of an associates degree.
Recent professional experience in community outreach and engagement, recruitment, business planning and/or loan officer experience, and social networking in the Ukraine, Russian and/or Somali communities preferred.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested candidates should send a brief cover letter and resume to the RRO’s Executive Director via email.
Position open until filled.