About Central Park and the Central Park Conservancy:
Central Park is one of the most famous and beloved urban public spaces in the world. Designed by Frederick Law Olmsted and Calvert Vaux in 1857, the 843-acre park was the first purpose-built public park in the country and is a National Historic Landmark. The Central Park Conservancy, a private not-for-profit organization, was founded in 1980 to rescue the Park which had fallen into serious disrepair. Since that time, the Conservancy has overseen the investment of approximately $1 billion in the restoration of the Park, and now hosts over 40 million visitors a year.
The Conservancy’s mission is to preserve and celebrate Central Park as a sanctuary from urban life. The City of New York has formally entrusted the care of the Park to the Conservancy which is responsible for every aspect of the its care, including landscape maintenance, capital improvements, and the visitor experience. Committed to sharing the best practices in urban park management, the Conservancy also serves as a resource for other NYC parks and for public- private partnerships around the world. The Conservancy employs roughly 325 people and has an operating budget of $80 million.
Essential Job Functions:
- With supervision by the Senior Manager, Payroll and Systems, administer and process bi-weekly payroll (exempt and non-exempt), including overtime, garnishments, benefits, and taxes consistent with federal and state wage and hour laws.
- Assist the Senior Manager, Payroll and Systems with ensuring the accurate, and timely processing of new hires, transfers, promotions, and terminations.
- Review eTime incomplete information (e.g., missing punches, missing hours) and the accurate recording of PTO and other leaves.
- Communicate with managers regarding employee timecards to ensure accuracy of information.
- Assist with preparing payroll-related documentation and reviews to ensure accuracy before submittal to ADP.
- Assist in the critical review and analysis of payroll, benefits, and tax procedures.
- Maintain employee payroll files including New Hire paperwork, W4 forms, tax forms, and direct deposit.
- Assist in preparation of vacation, transits, and hours and earning reports biweekly and monthly.
- Assist the Leave Administration with employee tracking and various leave forms
- Verify state and local taxation for employees and ensure payroll tax withholding account administration with all Federal and State Tax Agencies.
- Conduct training for employees and managers in eTime.
- Work with the Senior Manager, Payroll and Systems, IT Department, and external consultants on payroll system upgrade and implementations. Responsible for testing and assisting the user with adoption
- When availability permits, assist with other People and Culture projects and processes (for example, benefits and leave administration processes, audit, and compliance reporting requirements, etc.).
- Respond to all staff and manager inquiries for payroll information.
- Help staff and management in researching and resolving ADP payroll-related problems
- Maintain current knowledge of the payroll processing system and changes in wage and tax laws, and corresponding with federal, state, and local tax agencies
- Maintain security procedures to ensure the confidentiality of all payroll-related information.
- Provide assistance with auditing paychecks and related documentation prepared by ADP; confirm accuracy of all materials
- Maintain compliance with company policies and government regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, Human Resources or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 1-3 years of experience with payroll processes in a high volume and exempt/non-exempt environment
- Experience with an ADP WorkforceNow, eTime, Shiftboard and Oracle HCM
- Experience servicing multiple work sites
- Knowledge of accounting and payroll practices
- Proficient at MS Office (especially Excel)
- Demonstrated excellence in customer relations and building partnerships
- A team player.
- Experience servicing multiple work sites
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and follow multiple projects and tasks through to completion, with close attention to detail
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Ability to analyze problems and identify solutions